With the change in seasons comes a whole new slew of delicious Disney sweet treats! For those heading to the parks in June be sure to bring your appetites and try out 7 of our favorite Disney World sweet treats!
1. Mermaid Cupcake – Main Street Bakery- Magic Kingdom – A special treat for all you mermaid lovers! Head over to Main Street Bakery to try out this delicious cupcake available for a limited time only. Its made up of vanilla cake filled with sprinkles of color. it is then topped with foam green buttercream frosting, chocolate crispy pearls, sprinkles, and an iridescent mermaid tail cookie!
2. Rocky Road Ice Cream – Plaza Ice Cream Parlor- Magic Kingdom – Each month this famous Magic Kingdom ice cream shop features a new flavor available for one month only. June marks a return to the classics with Rocky Road! This much-loved variety made up of chocolate ice cream, nuts and marshmallow is sure to please whether in a cone, sundae or as part of Disney’s famous hot cookie sandwiches!
3. PB & J Milkshake – The Plaza Restaurant – Magic Kingdom – Drawing its inspiration from the popular shake found over at 50’s Prime Time Cafe at Hollywood Studios, the PB & J shake of the month at The Plaza Restaurant will definitely conjure up the tastes of childhood. And if you can’t get enough of this milkshake of the month not to worry. It’s bottomless meaning visitors can have as much as you’d like!
4. Cinnamon Buns – Boardwalk Bakery – Disney’s Boardwalk – This cozy bakery located on the promenade in the Epcot resort area is filled with so many delicious sweet treats that deciding on one can be a difficult task. The Bakery has also added a few new items to their Summer menu making the decision that much harder. One of the new must-try offerings is this mouth-watering and deliciously sweet cinnamon roll which is packed the buttery goodness and comes doused in cream cheese icing.
5. Almond Croissant – Boardwalk Bakery – Disney’s Boardwalk – Another Boardwalk Bakery treat worth giving a try is the Almond Croissant. Its filled with almond cream, sweet syrup and is topped with toasted almonds. It goes wonderfully with the wonderful coffees on offer!
6. Doughnut Sundae- Plaza Ice Cream Parlor – Magic Kingdom – This treat isn’t new but its definitely worth a mention as we get into those hot Orlando afternoons! A doughnut-lover’s dream, this sundae features a glazed doughnut topped with a scoop of handmade ice cream topped with whipped cream, chocolate and peanut butter chips, milk chocolate, Mickey Ears and finished off with a cherry!
7. Bacon & Pecan Doughnuts – Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ – Disney Springs – Brunch fans definitely have something to look forward to as Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ is introducing a new southern-style brunch option beginning on June 24th. One of the menu items will be these beautiful house-made Bacon & Pecan Doughnuts. These tasty treats are iced and piled high with peans and bacon and then drizzled with house-made caramel – Yummy!
These are a mere handful of the incredible treats that you’ll find across Disney World’s four theme parks and resorts this Summer. Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts for even more tasty Summer treats!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.