Its Christmas in July over at Disney Springs and it definitely has the Disney-sphere buzzing about this year’s Christmas festivities at Walt Disney World Resort. Disney is slowly starting to give us a taste of how this year’s holiday offerings are shaping us which has us pretty excited for those planning a Disney visit in late 2017. We here at Disney Addicts decided to do a little Christmas in July of our our own with 7 reasons why we’re already looking forward to Christmas Disney-style.
1. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – Spend a Wintry evening enjoying this blend of Disney magic with classic Christmas traditions. Watch the snow fall down Main Street no matter the temperature and see jolly Old St. Nick as part of Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade. Wind down your evening by snuggling up with some cookies and hot cocoa while taking in special Christmas versions of Magic Kingdom’s nighttime fireworks display. Nobody does Christmas quite like Disney and with special holiday touches around every corner, you’ll be singing carols in no time.
Ticket’s are already available for this years festivities with parties taking place on the following dates:
November 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 26 and 28
December 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21 and 22
The Christmas party takes place from 7pm – 12am. Tickets must be purchased separately from park admission. Tickets range in price form $89 to $109 and can be booked either online via the My Disney Experience App, through your travel agent, or by contacting Disney directly.
2. Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! – We’ve already received word that this nighttime holiday-themed fireworks and projection show will be returning in 2017 for its second year. Drawing its inspiration from Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular, this seasonal event will feature holiday-themed scenes from much-loved Disney movies, music, fireworks, lasers and film projections to explore the story of a missing Santa Claus as told by everyone’s favorite elves “Prep and Landing”. No word yet on whether the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Dessert Party will be returning but we promise to keep you posted.
3. New Christmas Merchandise – Disney chose Christmas in July to unveil its amazing array of Christmas-themed merchandise that will be hitting shelves later this year. The highlights are the super-stylish Christmas Dooney & Bourke you see above as well as a Tsum Tsum pin set feature characters from Mickey’s Christmas Carol. For a closer look at the items revealed, check out this article on our sister site Chip and Co.
4. Jingle Cruise – One of our favorite things about visiting Walt Disney World each holiday season is the fantastic holiday-themed elements that are added to the classic Disney attraction The Jungle Cruise. The Jingle Cruise is the same boat ride that you know and love with a few seasonal jokes thrown in and a bit of over-the-top decorating that will have you chuckling at the ingenuity of the skippers long after the ride is over. If you’ll be at Magic Kingdom this holiday season, be sure to set aside a Fastpass for this holiday-themed attraction as queues for this ride can get pretty long during November and December.
5. New Show at Mexican Pavilion – Holidays around the World are definitely one of the highlights of visiting Disney World at Christmas. Each country in the World Showcase throws its own celebration honoring their holiday traditions. Disney has revealed this year that the Mexican Pavilion will have new themed entertainment as part of the festivities. Though details are scarce we do know that it will be themed to Las Posadas.
6. Candlelight Processional – The Candlelight Processional, for those who are unfamiliar, is Epcot’s captivating retelling of the Christmas Story. This tribute to the origins of Christmas features a 50 piece orchestra, singers from Disney’s Voices of Liberty Choir and Cast Member Choir with visiting choral singers rounding out the ensemble. The Yuletide celebration includes renditions of classic Christmas songs woven together by a rotating cast of guest narrators. Performances kick-off on November 24 and run until December 30, 2017. Here’s what we now so far about this year’s narrators:
- TBD – November 24 to 26, 2017
- TBD – November 27 to 28, 2017
- TBD – November 29 to 30, 2017
- TBD – December 1 to 3, 2017
- Pat Sajak – December 4 to 5, 2017
- TBD – December 6 to 8, 2017
- TBD – December 9 to 11, 2017
- TBD – December 12 to 14, 2017
- Trace Adkins – December 15 to 17, 2017
- Neil Patrick Harris – December 18 to 21, 2017
- CCH Pounder – December 22 to 24, 2017
- Jaci Velasquez – December 25 to 27, 2017
- TBD – December 28 to 30, 2017
Epcot’s Candlelight Processional is FREE to guests with valid park admission making the event exceedingly popular with locals and visitors alike. The performances, held at Epcot’s American Gardens Theatre, run 3 times daily with shows at 5:00pm, 6:45 pm and 8.15 pm. Historically, visitors wanting to take in a Processional performance needed to stake out a spot hours in advances cutting into valuable park time. With this in mind Disney created a dining package (similar to the Fantasmic! Dining Package at Hollywood Studios) that offers guests who book and pay for a meal at select Epcot restaurants with a guaranteed seat during one of the Candlelight Processional performances. More information on the package can be found here.
7. Disney’s Yuletide Fantasy Tour – For those looking to do something extra special to celebrate spending the holidays at Disney World, there is a terrific seasonal tour on offer that may be just the ticket. The Disney Yuletide Fantasy Tour is a 3hr tour with a focus on the amazing decorations found around Walt Disney World including: Epcot’s World Showcase, Magic Kingdom and several of Disney’s resorts. The cost is $99.00. Advanced booking is strongly recommended and tours should open up as we near the Christmas season.
This is just a taste of the many things that we love about Disney at Christmas. Please stay tuned to Disney Addicts and our sister site Chip and Co for the latest in Walt Disney World Christmas 2017 updates and make sure your Christmas plans include a stop at Disney.
Are you planning on hitting the parks this holiday? There still plenty of great rates and package options available. Fill out our form below and get your FREE quote.
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney World vacation package, assist with making dining, Fastpass and Christmas Party reservations and can even help you plan an itinerary filled with extra special Christmas touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook and let’s get planning!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019