One of our favorite pastimes while at Disneyland Resort is sampling all of the amazing ice cream treats on offer across the theme parks, resorts and downtown Disney. In fact there’s so many different delectable sweet treats available that we encounter something new every time we go. However, we do have our clear front-runners so be sure to make take notes and give at least one of these amazing snacks a try next time you’re at Disneyland. You won’t be disappointed.
1. Firehouse Dalmatian Mint Sundae – Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor. This Main Street U.S.A ice cream parlor serves up on of our favorite sundaes. The Dalmatian features two scoops of mint chocolate chip ice cream, topped with hot fudge, whipped cream, and a cherry and is served in a waffle bowl. Its yours for $6.19.
2. Cherry Milkshake- Carnation Cafe – Rumor has it that one of Walt’s favorite ice cream treats was a cherry milkshake. Give one a try at Carnation Cafe on Main Street at Disneyland and you’ll definitely understand why. They also offer chocolate, vanilla options. Each will set you back $6.50. And be sure to schedule in some time to enjoy one from the outdoor patio. Its the perfect laid back location for savoring the delectable treat.
3. Hand-dipped Ice Cream Bar – Clarabelle’s Hand-scooped Ice Cream. This is a family favorite, at Clarabelle’s you can customize your own ice cream bar. First you can choose from a tantalizing range of ice cream flavors, then add chocolate coating and your favorite toppings for a frozen treat that is as original as you are! The ice cream bars cost $5.69.
4. Dole Whip- Tiki Juice Bar – Okay so its not technically ice cream, but no frozen treat list would be complete without including this pineapple soft serve. You’ll find it at the Tiki Juice Bar in Adventureland. Guests can take their pick between just the soft serve for $4.49 or have it in a float with pineapple juice for the perfect afternoon refresher for $5.49.
5. Soft Serve – Paradise Pier Ice Cream Company – For all you folks that like to keep it simple, Paradise Pier is a great go-to spot for delicious soft serve. There’s no bells, no whistles just vanilla, chocolate and swirl soft serve but it is delightfully good. Those looking for something a bit more exotic won’t be disappointed with the Coke and Barqs floats you can get here. Ice cream starts at $3.79 where floats will set you back $4.99.
6. Homemade Ice Cram Milkshakes – Uva Bar – If you’re a fan of a good milkshake then head on over to this Downtown Disney location. The milkshakes here are amazing and come in flavors like Vanilla, Sea-Salted Caramel, Chocolate or Orange 50-50. Coming in at $9.50, they are a bit on the pricey side. But are they worth it? You betcha!
7. Nestle Premium Mickey’s Ice Cream Bars – Various Locations – And who can forget this taste of childhood. It’s true that things taste better when they’re Mickey-shaped which is why no list would be complete with out this iconic ice cream treat. You’ll find it at various restaurants, carts, and kiosks throughout Disneyland Resort.
We hope our list has given you a bit of inspiration on sweet treats to try next time you’re at Disneyland. Enjoy!
Are you thinking about a visit to Disneyland? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney World vacation package, assist with making dining, Fastpass and Christmas Party reservations and can even help you plan an itinerary filled with extra special Christmas touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook and let’s get planning!
Images copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019