One of the best things about cruising with Disney are the amazing culinary experiences that are at your disposal. From fun foods on the go to Michelin Star dining, Disney Cruise line ships really have it all. That’s why we’re happy to share a few dining tips and tricks for those sailing on a 3 or 4 night Bahamian cruise aboard the Disney Dream.
1. Looking for that perfect date night? Try the Petites Assiettes de Remy at Remy restaurant. Petites Assiettes means “small plates” and this meal is typically offered during the evening hours of embarkation day. It’s the perfect taster of the haute cuisine you’ll find at Remy and provides guests with a peek at the luxurious Dining room. The meal encompasses 6 dishes, each with a wine pairing. The cost to attend is $50 per person making it that perfect little luxury right at the start of your getaway. Check out this video to find out more:
2. Order from the Pub Menu at Pub 687 on Deck 4 – If you find that you’re getting peckish during your evening at Disney’s adults-only district, pop on over to Pub 687 where they offer a Pub Grub menu featuring fantastic shareable dishes like calamari, Wagyu Beef Sliders or Tempura Shrimp. These tasty nibbles do come at an extra cost and range from $8 – $18.
3. Dine and Play – This is a wonderful perk for parents travelling with small children that tends to go a bit under the radar. But trust us, once you’ve given it a try, you’ll want to use it all the time. Under the Dine and Play system, parents can check the kids in for evening youth activities without leaving the restaurant table. Instead, counsellors show up at the restaurant to take the kids while adults finish dinner, enjoy the adults-only swimming pool or go for a drink or dance. For more information on Dine and Play check out this article.
4. Pompidou’s Patisseries Dessert Experience – We love the offerings at Remy so much that we thought it worth mentioning twice. This is the perfect indulgent treat for those with a sweet tooth. For $50 guests get to enjoy six amazingly scrumptious desserts as well as a glass of wine, Champagne or cocktail while the Chefs are on hand to greet guests and share a culinary story or two.
5. Really take the time to explore Cabanas – This quick-service eatery found on Deck 11 of the Disney Dream is so massive that its easy to miss or overlook some of the amazing food stations available. During your embarkation lunch, be sure to take a few minutes to walk the entire buffet. You never know what treasures await.
6. Be on the lookout for Dole Whips – That’s right, this tasty treat has finally made its way to sea and can be ordered with or without rum. You’ll find them at the little bar area next to the area that offers free ice cream on Deck 11. They are priced at $4.75 for the standard version or $6.75 with your choice of either vanilla rum or spiced rum. For more details check out this article.
7. Room Service is included in the cost of your cruise – One of my favorite Disney Cruise Line perks is being able to enjoy a hearty breakfast or a late night snack right from the comfort of my own stateroom. What makes it even better is that there is no additional cost for the food (though you should tip your server for the service). Give it a try next time you sail the seas with Disney.
So next time your are sailing the seas with Disney be sure to give some of these amazing offerings a try Your tastebuds will thank you!
Click here for your FREE no obligation quote!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I specialize in a range of different Disney destinations and would be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect stateroom to organizing those special on-shore excursions. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019