Back-to-School is always one of the most nerve-wracking, exciting, and anticipatory times of the year. So much to do and prep for – it’s easy to lose your footing. What’s nice is that Disney has a great selection of films to ground you. We’ve selected a great list of Disney movies that have tutoring, teaching, and everything in between. There are plenty more that have training and some tutoring (I see you, Mulan and Sword in the Stone)! If we missed your favorite animated film for back-to-school, let us know in the comments below!
- Finding Nemo (2003)
- Wishing you had Mr. Ray as your teacher? Don’t we all! Nemo’s first day at school ends up being a field trip. A bit chaotic but in the end, Nemo still ends up being in Mr. Rays class – and Marlin learns that growing up and letting go is part of life.
- A Goofy Movie (1995) / An Extremely Goofy Movie (2000)
- A Goofy Movie and An Extremely Goofy Movie both tackle the trials and tribulations of being a teenager – and a parent learning to let go in order for their child to become their own person. Warning to 80’s and 90’s kids who have kids of their own – rewatching this may hit on an entirely different level!
- Monsters University (2013)
- The dreaded question of ‘What do you want to be when you grow up?’ is something that haunts people even after they leave college. What we love about Monsters University is that it doesn’t just show how difficult school can be in the academic sense, but in the social aspect as well!
- Turning Red (2022)
- A 13-year-old going through changes? Could we talk about how this is the perfect Back-to-School film? Figuring out who you are with a group of supportive friends by your side. This, and trying to make your parents proud? Talk about something we all can relate to!
- Chicken Little (2005)
- If it’s been a while since you’ve watched this film, maybe it’s time for a rewatch! Chicken Little is somehow always in the center of trouble, he’s struggling to fit in and his life is simply not what his dad knows how to deal with. It’s just tough being a kid sometimes – but this film has a beloved group of oddballs that give Chicken Little the encouragement he deserves!
- Inside Out (2015)
- If being a kid isn’t hard enough, starting a brand new school in a brand new town takes that difficulty to a whole new level. How we choose to deal with our emotions through hard times is something that this film explores, and we love it for that!
- Toy Story 3 (2010)
- This film is another one of those perfect back-to-school movies. Bonnie starting a new school? Andy preparing to leave for college? This film has everything you need to start a brand new school year.
- Meet the Robinsons (2007)
- Nothing like an elementary school science fair to make you remember the smell of a school gym! For parents and students alike, the quote, ‘Keep Moving Forward’ always rings true!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Featurette: 10 Reasons to Watch Hocus Pocus 2 on Disney+! - September 20, 2022
- 6 Facts About the 1973 Classic: Robin Hood - September 16, 2022
- 6 Facts About The Rescuers That All Fans Should Know! - September 9, 2022