Whether you’re running late for your Fastpass, are trying to squeeze in some last-minute shopping or just want to make sure you get the last bus back to your resort, sometimes getting your Walt Disney World food on the go is a necessity. Luckily hungry Disney-goers don’t need to worry about compromising taste for convenience as there’s a range of absolutely delectable options that visitors can enjoy on the quick. To give you just a taste, here are 8 of our favorite takeaway options at Walt Disney World.
1.Pizza – Blaze Fast-Fire’D Pizza- Disney Springs – Want fresh pizza but don’t want to have the 20-40 minutes to wait around for one? Blaze at Disney Springs Town Center is definitely the place to go. Here visitors can customize their own fast-fire’d artisanal pizzas by choosing from over 40 amazing toppings and sauces. The pizzas are quickly fired up in Blaze’s speciality ovens are will be handed over to you in no time. The pies are perfect for sharing and come boxed making it easy to head on over to the waterfront or other cozy Disney nook to enjoy.
2. Dessert Tray- Fantasmic! Dessert and VIP Viewing Experience Hollywood Studios – Those that want VIP views of Hollywood Studios’ dazzling nighttime spectacular but don’t want to shell out the money or dining credits for a dining package will definitely want to consider this package. Visitors booking under the offer pop by a special area of the Fantasmic! theater to pick up a freshly prepared snack tray featuring an impressive array of sweet and salty treats including chocolate-dipped strawberries, cheese and crackers as well as make-your-own “worms and dirt.” Included in this package is a speciality drink served in a souvenir cup which can include alcohol for those 21 and older. After picking up your beverage you’ll be escorted to the VIP viewing area where your seat is waiting for you. Consider it a picnic with perks. The event occurs nightly and the cost is $39 per adult and $19 per child (ages 3-9).
3. Fish and Chips – Yorkshire County Fish & Chips Shop- World Showcase – Epcot – Having spent nearly a decade in Scotland, I’ll be the first to tell you that when you’re on the go, nothing beats a quick Fish Supper. The Fish & Chips at this Epcot quick service eatery is every bit as good as what you’ll find on the other side of the pond. It’s also the perfect treat to tuck into while you’re making your way around the World Showcase. The Chip Shop also has Harp on tap which serves as the perfect accompaniment.
4. Mushroom Pie – Cookes of Dublin – Disney Springs – Speaking of Fish & Chips, Cookes of Dublin is another great place to get your Chip Shop favorites. This is the Quick Service window at Raglan Road and it serves up an amazing array of to-go treats from the mushroom pie pictured above to my personal favorite The Hog in a Box which features pulled pork shoulder, sage and sweet onion stuffing, caramelized onions and applesauce. Cookes is open from 11:00am – 12:00am daily making it the perfect go-to spot for those late-night bites.
5. Waffle Sandwich – Sleepy Hollow- Magic Kingdom – This has to be our favorite take away at Magic Kingdom for one reason- waffle sandwiches. Whether you are opting for the sweet hazelnut spread waffle sandwich with fresh fruit, the savory breakfast egg and cheese waffle sandwich or the hearty chicken waffle, each is perfect in its own way. So next time you’re strolled through the Liberty Square area of the park and are looking for a quick bite to tide you over, make this your first port of call.
6. Poutine – The Daily Poutine- Disney Springs – For those who haven’t spent a lot of time north of the border, Poutine is a French-Canadian treat featuring fries, cheese curd and gravy that has amassed such a following of comfort-food lovers that it has its own food kiosk at Disney Springs. Located in Town Center, The Daily Poutine offers up fun takes on the classic dish including an Italian version with Mozzarella and Bolognese Sauce as well as a Latin Version with Yucca, Black Beans, Pulled Pork and Queso. Whichever you choose it’s a dish perfect for snacking as you stroll around Disney’s downtown shopping district.
7. Ginger Chicken Ramen – Morimoto Asia Street Food – Disney Springs – Want to sample some of Chef Morimoto’s famous Pan Asian cuisine but down have time for a sit-down? Asia Street Food is the perfect place to grab a delicious dish on the go. They’ve recently added some new menu items and our favorite is the Ginger Chicken Ramen featuring Sake steamed ginger chicken, soy-marinated egg, scallions, cilantro and sesame. You can grab items off the eclectic menu Monday – Sunday from 11:30 am – 11:oopm.
8. The Southern Pig – The Polite Pig – Disney Springs. – Have a hankering for some BBQ on the go? You’ll want to head straight on over to The Polite Pig at Disney Springs. They offer fantastic, salads, BBQ, sandwiches and sides. Our favorite is The Southern Pig which is pulled pork, fennel-apple slaw, with tangy Mustard BBQ sauce and Dukes Mayo. We also recommend the BBQ Waffle Fries.
These are just a handful of great places where you can enjoy a Disney meal on-the-go. Other favorites include D-Luxe Burger at Disney Springs, The Smokehouse at House of Blues and also Earl of Sandwich.
Keep following along with Disney Addicts for the latest in Disney tips, tricks and advice!
Have you found the information in this article helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels I can keep track of important dates so that you don’t have to worry about deadlines passing you by. My concierge-level service also means that I’ll be on hand to find your perfect package, help you land hard to get dining and Fastpass reservations and can even apply discounts to your reservations (even after you’ve booked) so that you are always getting the best deals out there. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. You’d pay the same as if you were to book directly with Disney. Get in touch at 1-800-801-4025 at email@example.com or following along on Facebook for more details.
Image copyright Disney
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019