We don’t know about you but the closer we get to Christmas the greater our need for some good old-fashioned comfort food. Here at Disney Addicts we think that nothing satisfies those cravings quite like a delectable Walt Disney World cupcake. You’ll find these sweet treats practically around every corner. However, we firmly believe that not all cupcakes are created equal. So we thought we’d give you a taste of a few of our favorites!
1. Peppermint Bark Cupcake – Magic Kingdom – The perfect accompaniment to that cup of Hot Cocoa, you’ll find this seasonal goodie at both Plaza Ice Cream Parlor and Storybook Treats. Its comprised of a red velvet cupcake filled with peppermint mousse and topped with cream cheese, buttercream, peppermint sprinkles and peppermint park.
2. Cotton Top Tamarin Cupcake – Animal Kingdom – This is one of two cupcakes on our list that you can get all year round but its so amazing we had to include it. You’ll find this tasty treat at Creature Comforts on Discovery Island where you can also get your favorite Starbucks drink to go with it. The cupcake is made up of a chocolate cake base, topped with chocolate buttercream icing, chocolate shells and a dark and white chocolate Cotton Top Tamarin. This is a pretty hearty treat making it perfect for sharing.
3. Edible Flowers Cupcake – Epcot – This beautiful cake can be found at Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavilion at Epcot’s Future World and is almost too beautiful to eat. This gorgeous dessert is made up of a vanilla cupcake filled with peanut butter and jelly and is topped with edible flowers. This is definitely one snack that is Instagram worthy.
4. Seasonal Cupcakes – Sprinkles – Disney Springs – For cupcake lovers, Sprinkles bakery at Disney Springs is an absolute treasure trove of amazing goodies. They have a massive variety of cupcakes available year round but it’s the seasonal treats that always get us super excited. In the lead in to Christmas, you can find a fun array of special flavors including red velvet, chocolate peppermint and gingerbread cupcakes. For those looking for that special gift or a treat to bring to your office Christmas party, you can also order a JOY box filled with holiday cupcakes that are adorned with special holiday touches. And for those on the go, be sure to swing by their incredible cupcake ATM and order a treat for the road.
5. Darth Vader Cupcake – Hollywood Studios – With Star Wars: The Last Jedi opening this week, there’s definitely a Star Wars fervor in the air. What better way to show your fandom than by tucking into one of these delicious treats that you’ll find at Backlot Express at Hollywood Studios. The cupcake is made up of a chocolate cupcake with peanut butter buttercream, chocolate shavings and a chocolate Darth Vader topper.
6. Lightning McQueen and Mickey & Minnie Cupcakes – Magic Kingdom- These two treats are equally as delicious so we decided to call it a tie and include them both. Main Street Bakery has a new chocolate cupcake filled with peanut butter mousse and topped with mocha buttercream, chocolate curls and a white chocolate Lightning McQueen. You can also indulge in a delicious yellow cupcake filled with strawberry mousse and topped with raspberry buttercream, strawberry crispy pearls and a white chocolate Mickey and Minnie heart.
7. Spaceship Earth Cupcake – Epcot – For those looking for a cupcake that is truly out-of-this-world head on over to Fountain View for this special Spaceship Earth 35th Anniversary cupcake that is an edible work of art. Its made up of yellow cake, strawberry pastry cream filling, silver fondant and sprinkles.
This is just a small sliver of the amazing cupcakes you’ll find at Walt Disney World during your stay. In the name of research, we highly suggest you try out as many as you can to find your favorites.
Cant make it to Walt Disney World in 2017? Why not start planning next year’s Disney getaway? Packages are currently available to book through until the end of 2018. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Have you found the information in this article helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels I can keep track of important dates so that you don’t have to worry about deadlines passing you by. My concierge-level service also means that I’ll be on hand to find your perfect package, help you land hard to get dining and Fastpass reservations and can even apply discounts to your reservations (even after you’ve booked) so that you are always getting the best deals out there. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. You’d pay the same as if you were to book directly with Disney. Get in touch at 1-800-801-4025 at firstname.lastname@example.org or following along on Facebook for more details.
Image copyright Disney
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019