When it comes to having that perfect morning start to you Disney-days, breakfast is definitely the way to go. I find when preparing for a full park day it always pays to set those alarms a bit early to allow time to tuck into a nice hearty meal to see you through the day. Disneyland has a fantastic array of early morning options for visitors looking for that perfect breakfast spot. From quick service to character dining and from resort dining to grabbing a bite in the heart of the theme parks, there are so many delectable options that narrowing them down is no easy feat. But to help you find the breakfast options that are perfect for your family, here are our tips on 8 best places to grab a morning bite at Disneyland.
1. Goofy’s Kitchen – (pictured) a favorite for those looking to enjoy a breakfast with character, guests have the chance to meet Mickey, Goofy and other Disney friends while tucking into delicious dishes like Mickey Mouse waffles and pancakes, french toast, Eggs Benedict, frittata, fresh pastries and fruit. For an extra special treat try the peanut butter and jelly pizza! You won’t be sorry. This Disneyland Hotel dining experience is extremely popular so advance dining reservations are essential and can be 60 days in advance online or by calling 714.781.DINE.
2. Steakhouse 55 – While we’re on the subject, Steakhouse 55 is another fantastic Disneyland Hotel eatery that is perfect for adult guests looking for a breakfast that is slightly more refined. Visitors can choose from three different variations on Eggs Benedict, a 7 oz New York Steak & Eggs, Pork Belly Chilaquiles and the amazing German Apple Pancake (pictured) just to name a few. Again this is another very popular early morning eatery so advanced reservations are a good idea!
3. Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen Express – I’ve got one word for your beignets! Next time you find yourself sauntering through Downtown Disney on your way to the parks, be sure to stop by the Express window at Ralph Brennan’s to get some of these amazing New Orleans’s style doughnuts sliced up to go! Its the perfect Big Easy start to your day at the parks. Other breakfast offerings include burritos, cinnamon french toast dippers and a Big Easy breakfast platter. Jazz Kitchen express is open most mornings from 8am with dishes ranging in price from $3.99 – $10.99.
4. Carnation Cafe – Perfect for early morning people watching, this Victorian Style restaurant offers fantastic breakfast classics as you relax underneath candy-striped umbrellas and watch Main Street USA come to life. Among the fantastic early morning offerings are Eggs Benedict, Mickey Waffles, frittatas and my personal favorite, the Apple Granola Pancakes. Dishes range in price from $7 – $15.
5. Market House – No list of breakfast locations would be complete without an option for all you Starbucks lovers. For those looking for an early morning Caramel Macchiato or Frappuccino, you’ll want to make this Disneyland Main Street USA cafe your go-to breakfast location. Here you’ll find all the usual Starbucks drinks on offer as well as a range of muffins, cakes and pastries to tide you over until lunchtime.
6. Plaza Inn – A character dining favorite among frequent Disneyland visitors, the Plaza Inn is the perfect location to rub shoulders with your favorite Disney characters as part of “Minnie & Friends – Breakfast in the Park.” Guests will be treated to an all-you-can-eat buffet jam-packages with amazing breakfast dishes including: Mickey Waffles, French Toast, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, breakfast potatoes and so much more! As this is the only Character Dining experience at Disneyland park, advanced booking is pretty essential and can be done online or by calling 714.781.DINE.
7. Flo’s V8 Cafe – Located in Cars Land in California Adventure Park, dining here really makes you feel like you are in the middle of a scene from Cars the much-loved Disney• Pixar film. This quick service eatery in the heart of the theme park offers a wide range of quick service breakfast offerings including brioche french toast, chicken tamales and the Ka-Chow! spicy breakfast burrito. Prices range from around $5.50 – $9.00 per person.
8. 8 Chip ‘n’ Dale Critter Breakfast – Get a great start to your Disney days with character dining at Storyteller’s Cafe. Each morning the restaurant plays host to Chip ‘n’ Dale, Brother Bears Kenai and Koda, Meeko, Brer Fox and more. The food is a delicious all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast buffet featuring popular breakfast fare like made-to-order omelettes, Mickey Waffles, fresh baked goods and seasonal fruit. It is a perfect and fun way to fuel up before heading to the parks. A brunch buffet is also offered most weekends and on public holidays. Reservations are recommended and can be made 60 days out at the Disneylandwebsite.
So when the time comes to plan your next visit to the West Coast Mouse be sure to give one of these amazing breakfast eateries a try! Your taste buds will thank you!
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney World vacation package, assist with making dining, Fastpass and Christmas Party reservations and can even help you plan an itinerary filled with extra special Christmas touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or on Facebook and let’s get planning!
Images copyright Disney
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019