It may be a few years away, but if there’s one Disney World project that has us here at Disney Addicts pretty excited, its the opening of a Star Wars-themed hotel as part of the Galaxy’s Edge expansion at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. As plans for the project progress, Disney has been sharing delightful little snippets of what visitors can expect and we promise you its like no resort you’ve ever stayed at before. Check out the five things we know already about Disney’s first Star Wars-themed resort and we guarantee you’ll be as excited as we are.
1. Find yourself in the middle of the action with a fully-immersive adventure. What will make this resort stand apart for the incredible onsite resorts at Walt Disney World is the fact that a stay here is designed to be a full immersive experience. For the moment your visit starts you’ll get the feeling that you are in a galaxy far far away. Cast Members will be in character and there will be a Star Wars-themed narrative that will take place during your stay. Guests will play a central role in the events that transpire and decisions you make will impact your stay.
Here’s a quick look at the amazing details guests will experience during your visit:
We expect even more details about how the plotlines will impact the visitor experience to be released soon. Keep following along with Disney Addicts for the latest updates.
2. Guests will be invited to look the part. To make all resort guests feel as if they’ve been magically transported into the Star Wars universe, visitors will be given the opportunity to look the part with authentic Star Wars-themed costumes. This means that as you walk around the resort everyone will look as though they belong on this intergalactic voyage.
3. The property will seamlessly connect to Galaxy’s Edge – Though Galaxy’s Edge will open a year or two before we see the Star Wars Hotel, the hotel will be created to seamlessly connect to this new land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Here guest will be able to stroll around on the planet Batuu, fly the Millennium Falcon, enjoy blue milk at the cantina and find yourself in the middle of a Star Destroyer battle between the First Order and The Resistance. What’s even cooler is that the decisions guest face at the Star Wars Hotel will have an impact on experiences at Galaxy’s Edge.
4. View the Galaxy from your guest room. While many of the resorts on Walt Disney World property offer beautiful views, its usually of lush landscapes or pool areas. At the Star Wars Hotel, your views will be of outer space, lending itself to the realism of the experience.
5. Multi-day stays will be required. Though details on this do remain a bit scarce what we do is that rather than paying for a room per night, guests are buying into an experience package. This means that guests who want to enjoy all the Star Wars Hotel has to offer will be required to stay a set amount of dates in order to go through the whole narrative. This means guests wishing to stay at Disney for a week or more would stay at the Star Wars Hotel for the experience and then move to another property for the remainder of the stay.
So how much is it going to cost for the out-of-this-world visitor experience that the Star Wars Hotel will provide? It is simply to early for details on pricing to be released however, it is being suggested that the experience will rival the costs of going on an all-inclusive Disney Cruise rather than the cost of staying at one of Disney’s other resort properties for a night or two.
It is still early days for this exciting project and details may change. The best way to stay abreast of the latest Star Wars news an updates is to keep following along with Disney Addicts and our sister site Chip and Co.
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney World vacation package, assist with making dining, Fastpass and Christmas Party reservations and can even help you plan an itinerary filled with extra special Christmas touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook and let’s get planning!
Images copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019