Disney World is an absolute treasure trove of tasty treats for foodies. However, with all of the amazing dishes on offer, sifting through the options to come up with vegetarian dishes can sometimes be a weighty challenge. If you prefer a vegetarian diet here are a few suggestions on tasty dishes you might want to vie a try during your next Disney visit.
1. Fried Green Tomato Sandwich – Rosie’s All-American Cafe – Disney’s Hollywood Studios – We’ll start our list with this delicious sandwich considering that it is one of our go-to quick service meals while visiting at Hollywood Studios. It’s made up of fried green tomatoes, arugula, pepper jack cheese and a jalapeno ranch dressing. Its served on ciabatta bread and served with coleslaw and fries. This dish will set visitors back $9.99 or 1 Quick Service Dining Credit.
2. Fruit Sosatie – Sanaa- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge- Kidani Village- No visit to Walt Disney World would be complete without a pitstop at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. Our go-to restaurant is Sanaa which offers hearty dishes that are big on flavor. This vegan breakfast treat is no exception. It is made up of a grilled fruit kabob and served with a quinoa and dried fruit salad. It goes perfectly with the amazing Kenyan 100% Arabica bean coffee on offer which comes in a perfect press-pot. Coming in at under $5 its also a steal!
3. Watermelon Salad – Flame Tree Barbecue- Animal Kingdom – This is a great dish for those looking for something cool and refreshing in the Orlando heat. This watermelon salad is topped with feta, arugula, pickled red onion and white balsamic vinaigrette. Trust us when we say it is delicious. Pick one up during your next visit for only $8.99.
4. Veggie Naan-wich – Electric Umbrella – Epcot – Head on over to Future World during your next Epcot visit for this delicious sandwich. Wrapped in a flavorful naan bread are broccoli slaw, edamame, tofu, and wasabi dressing. This dish comes with a side of either grapes or fries and will set visitors back $9.99. Now being offered as part of Disney’s Mobile Ordering option, it makes a great quick meal on the go.
5. Vegetarian Pho – Hollywood Brown Derby – Hollywood Studios – Those lucky enough to enjoy a meal at Hollywood Studios’ Signature Dining location should consider trying the delicious Vegetarian Pho. It’s made up of a Ginger-Lemon Grass Broth, Mushroom Tofu Spring Rolls, and Ginger-Soy Dipping Sauce. The cost is $29.99 or two Table Service dining credits for those on the dining plan.
6. Vegetarian Falafel Burger – Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant- Hollywood Studios – Those looking for a hearty treat to tide you over should head over to this much-loved table service eatery and give the Falafel Burger a try. This meat-free burger includes a crispy chickpea falafel patty and is topped with arugula, tomato, Tzatziki sauce and red pepper aïoli served on a brioche bun. It will set visitors back $14.00 or one Table Service dining credit.
7. Layered Ratatouille – Be Our Guest – Magic Kingdom – For those lucky enough to score a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest we recommend the Layered Ratatouille. The dish is made up of oven-baked zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, tomatoes, and caramelized onions. its sliced and layered on a bed of quinoa and served with a Bell Pepper Sauce. For an appetizer, we also recommend the french onion soup. Delicious! The ratatouille costs $22 or 1 Table Service dining credit.
8. Vegetarian Stew – Crystal Palace – Magic Kingdom – Another restaurant the frequently pops up on our Disney must-do list is The Crystal Palace at the top of Main Street U.S.A. Not only do you get to rub shoulders with Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger and Piglet but the all-you-care-to-eat buffet is perfect for filling your up during your busy park days. Though the buffet always features a nice array of dishes (and sweet treats) perfect for those on vegetarian diets, one of our favorites is their take on a Ratatouille or veggie stew. This dish is so tasty that we thought we’d end our list by sharing the following video so that you can make it at home!
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all of the incredible vegetarian dishes you’ll find at Walt Disney World but rather a few of our vegetarian favorites to get you started. Let us know what other vegetarian dishes are your favorites in the comments below!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Packages are currently available to book through until the end of 2018. Read below to find out how you can our FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking your next Disney holiday with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you plot out your perfect holiday, work with you to come up with unique ways to make your vacation truly your own, and ensure that you are always getting the best deals and discounts. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019