Yesterday here at Disney Addicts where shared with you our 14 romantic ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day at Walt Disney World. Today we want to narrow our focus to Disney World’s amazing downtown shopping district – Disney Springs. From places to have a romantic meal, dance the night away or find that perfect gift, there’s no shortage of great Valentine’s Day options that you can enjoy without having to pay the cost of park admission. To give you just a sample of the amazing opportunities that await Valentine’s visitors to Disney Springs, here are 8 of our favorite options!
1. Enjoy a special Valentine’s Day meal – In honor of Valentine’s day, many of the restaurants at Disney Springs will be offering special menus providing the perfect treat for your romantic night on the town. The list includes surf-and-turf for two at STK Orlando, fresh seafood selections at Paddlefish (pictured above), a special menu at Paradiso 37 or a speciality cocktail at Morimoto Asia. Reservations at any of these eateries can be made at 407.WDW.DINE or via My Disney Experience.
2. Try out a brand new eatery – Friends and lovers won’t want to miss a chance to try something new at one of the stylish new eateries that just opened up at Disney Springs. Why not share a delicious plate of spaghetti or other tasty Italian dishes at Maria & Enzo’s Ristorante? This restaurant boasts an amazing backstory and appears to be set in a once-abandoned airline terminal from the 1930’s The open-air dining room features 50-foot ceilings and massive windows offering breathtaking views of Lake Buena Vista. Next door, there’s also Enzo’s Hideaway a speakeasy located in storied rum-running tunnels. This establishment serves up hearty Rome-focused Italian dishes as well as Prohibition-era cocktails.
3. Have an extraordinary night on the town – In the same building as Maria & Enzo’s and Enzo’s Hideaway is a night on the town like no other. The industrial Gothic hangout The Edison offers electrifying entertainment, craft cocktails and contemporary American cuisine. At night it transforms into the place to be with live bands, cabaret acts, aerialists and so much more!
4. Experience The Force like never before – They say the couple that plays together stays together and we’ve got just the place. Venture to THE VOID, at Disney Springs which is offering a new hyper-reality, multi-sensory experience perfect for Star Wars fans. Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire allows teams of four to suit up and go undercover as Stormtroopers trying to capture imperial intelligence. Visitors get to explore this virtual world untethered making for a truly unbelievable experience. Tickets can be purchased at: TheVOID.com.
5. Enjoy a little taste of Venice right in Disney Springs – At The BOATHOUSE, couples can set sail on the Venezia, a breathtaking Italian-style water taxi on a romantic guided tour of Disney Springs complete with chocolate-covered strawberries and a champagne toast. Or for something a bit more retro, you can opt for the vintage amphicar rides- classic cars that travel both on the land and in the water.
6. Indulge your sweet tooth – Nothing says Valentine’s Day like chocolate and Disney Springs has plenty of places for those with a sweet tooth to find your perfect treat. At The Ganachery (pictured) you can watch expert chocolatiers create some wickedly exotic treats. For ice cream lovers, head over to Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop for decadent hot-fudge sundaes that are perfect for sharing. Or for an elegant treat, pop over to Amorette’s Patisserie where they serve up a delectable range of Disney-inspired cakes, cookies, cheesecakes, macarons and eclairs!
7. Pamper him – If man in your life deserves a little pampering, head over to The Art of Shaving. This shop features high-end grooming products for the modern man. You can even treat your special guy to a haircut and shave onsite at The Barber Shop.
8. Pamper her – For that special lady in your life, be sure to pop by Ever After Jewelry Co & Accessories. This new shop is an absolute treasure trove and sells Disney-themed baubles, handbags and fashion. Those looking to spare no expense will want to venture to Luxury of Time by Diamonds International which offers a wide selection of incredible pieces in their upscale boutique.
This is just a few of the many ways that you can show that special someone that you care during your Valentine’s visit to Disney Springs. Visitors will also be pleased to know that complimentary self-parking is available at all Disney Springs garages and surface lots. Those staying onsite at a Walt Disney World Resort can also enjoy complimentary transportation between your Disney Resort and Disney Springs.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts and our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest news, updates and tips for planning the perfect Valentine’s Day visit to Walt Disney World.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Packages are currently available to book through until the end of 2018. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.