Did you know that Walt Disney World is filled with special ways to celebrate that amazing mom in your life? Whether she’s a foodie, likes to do things off the beaten bath, needs time to sit and relax or prefers that perfect keepsake, there’s bound to be something at Disney that will be her perfect gift. So if you’re heading to the parks this Mother’s Day or want to say “Thank You” anytime of the year, our 8 ways to pamper mom at Disney World will do just the trick.
1) Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian – Make mom feel like royalty with high tea at the Garden View Tea Room. Surrounded by the breathtaking ambiance of the Grand Floridan, visitors will enjoy a tea service done British style. Mom will be served a delectable selection of teas, finger sandwiches, cakes and pastries while one of the Grand Floridian’s famous pianists or a live band sets the tone. Tea service is available every day from 2pm – 5pm or on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12pm – 5pm with live music beginning at 3pm. Advanced reservations can be made via My Disney Experience or at 407-WDW-DINE.
2) In- Room Babysitting & Children’s Activity Centers– Give mom the night off with one of Walt Disney World Resorts’ childcare options. Mom can enjoy a special signature restaurant, take in the evening fireworks, or have a cocktail by the pool knowing that her little ones are in good hands. Disney offers 4 Children’s Activity Centers located at Deluxe Resorts including Disney’s Beach Club Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian Village Resort and Dolphin Resort. All centers provide a meal and a range of activities to keep the kids entertained. The Polynesian and Beach Club even include premium experiences like cooking classes and character meet and greets. The cost is $15.00 per child per hour (with a two hour minimum) at Animal Kingdom and Dolphin and $55.00 per child per evening for the premium packages at the Poly and Beach Club. You do not need to be staying at the resort to book. Contact 407-939-3463 for more details For those preferring to have the babysitter come to them, Disney offers an in-room babysitting service through Kids Nite Out starting at $18.00 an hour. To book contact 407-828-0920.
3) Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party – The perfect pairing for those moms with a sweet tooth, the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party provides a VIP viewing location for the Magic Kingdom’s spectacular nighttime show whilst serving up delicious desserts like chocolate dipped strawberries coupled with sparkling wines. This optional add-on runs nightly and has recently been expanded to accommodate even more guests. Tickets can be booked in advance by calling 407-WDW-DINE or on the day at Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant and costs $59.00 for adults and $35.00 for children (ages 3-9).
4) Spa and Packages – For those moms that love to be pampered, Disney has a variety of options spanning the length and breadth of the Resort. Animal Kingdom Lodge, Old Key West, Contemporary Resort, and Coronado Springs all offer up basic massage and facial packages. Give mom the deluxe spa treatment at Mandara Spa in the Dolphin Resort where she can enjoy Balinese inspired offerings like the Sunrise Ritual. For something extra special choose one of two Senses Spa locations at Disney’s Grand Floridian or Saratoga Spring Resorts where the lady in your life can chose from massages, facials, body treatments, spa packages ranging from 2 – 5 hours and manicures/pedicures. Mothers headed to Senses can even bring their little ones along for their very own manis and pedis. Advance booking is highly recommended and can be done by phoning 407-WDW-SPAS.
5) Walt Disney World Tours – If your mom is more of an explorer than a spa-goer, why not let her spend alone time enjoying one of Disney’s delightful behind the scenes tours? Whether its the all day multi-park Backstage Magic Tour, the three-hour Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour, a trip around the world with Epcot’s World Showcase: Destinations Discovered Tour, or a trek into the heart of an African savanna at Animal Kingdom, there’s a ton of Disney secrets to learn and hidden areas to explore. And for moms that may enjoy a tour with the kids, there’s the fun-for-the-whole-family Disney’s Family Magic Tour and the Backstage Tales tour at Animal Kingdom. Treat your mom to an off-the-beaten-path Disney experience. Call 407.WDW.TOUR to book.
6) Pick-A-Pearl – For moms that love jewelry or prefer keepsakes to experiences, Epcot’s Pick-A-Pearl provides an opportunity for kids to help mom create the perfect customized memento of their time at the parks. Nestled away inside the gift shop in the World Showcase’s Japan Pavilion. guests pay a standard rate to pick an oyster shell complete with pearl and can then choose between a variety of settings to display their treasure. Prices start at under $20.00 for the pearl and then upwards depending on the jewelry selected. Those moms that like a bargain can bring their own pre-purchased casings with them to the park.
7) Carriage Rides- A retreat from the hustle and bustle of the busy theme parks, Disney offers opportunities for moms to unwind with a horse-drawn carriage ride through Disney’s beautiful grounds. Embark at Port Orleans Riverside and take a tranquil ride along the Sassagoula River. Hop a carriage at Crockett’s Tavern and be whisked through the lovely Cypress glades found at Fort Wilderness Campground. Carriage rides cost $45 for a 25 minute journey and are able to accommodate 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 small children. Rides can be booked on-site on the day or up to 180 days in advance at 407-WDW-PLAY.
8) Disney Floral and Gifts- Surprise mom with a gift delivered directly to her Walt Disney World resort room. At Disney Floral and Gifts, visitors can choose from a range of mom-friendly packages including flower arrangements, gift baskets, jewelry or even souvenirs from the parks. There’s bound to be something for every mom to enjoy. Visitors can choose from a pre-arranged package or can create their own bespoke option. Contact Disney Floral and Gifts directly at 407.939.4438 for further details.
For families visiting the parks on Mother’s Day itself, Disney has a range of dining options that mom will enjoy. Mother’s Day brunch options can be found at Boma in Animal Kingdom Lodge, Captain’s Grille at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort or The Wave at the Contemporary. Advanced booking is essential at 407-WDW-DINE
Planning a trip with mom to Walt Disney World? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I love helping families create bespoke holidays with lots of little touches like those listed above. And my services are absolutely free! Follow along on Facebook, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring toll free at 1.800.801.4025 and let’s plan your next trip to the Mouse!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019