So you’re thinking about going on a Disney Cruise. Though the cost of sailing with Disney Cruise can be slightly more expensive than other cruise companies, sailing the seas with Disney includes a whole lot of fun perks that first-time planners simply aren’t aware of. To give you a taste of the magic that’s in store, Here’s our list of 9 amazing perks that are included in the cost of your Disney Cruise.
1. Free soft drinks! This is a terrific perk that can actually save families a lot of money. There are self-serve soda fountains that you can revisit as often as you like and its all included in the cost of your Disney cruise. You’ll also find teas, coffees, and juices on board. Guests should note that premium coffees, as well as other speciality drinks and alcoholic drinks, are not included. However, for the most part, when you’re thirsty, Disney has you covered.
For a list of things that aren’t included in the cost of your cruise check out this article.
2. Room Service. Yes, that’s right, at no additional cost you can opt to have breakfast or light meals and snacks delivered directly to your room. The menu is limited but a nice variety means that you’re sure to find that special decadent treat. Though there’s no charge for the food itself, guests should remember to tip the Cast Member who delivers the items to your stateroom. The service runs 24 hours a day right up until 1:30 am on the day you disembark.
3. The Food on Castaway Cay. If you’re sailing out of Port Canaveral then chances are you’ll be paying a visit to Castaway Cay, Disney’s private Bahamian island. Though most first time Disney cruisers know that the food aboard the ship is included in the price, a lot of people are surprised when they find out that the food on Castaway Cay is as well. The island has three eateries, Cookies BBQ, Cookies Too and Serenity Bay BBQ (which is in the Adult’s Only section of the island). Each restaurant serves up what could best be described as picnic food (think hot dogs, ribs, corn on the cob) and there’s also amazing fresh fruit available throughout the day.
4. Unlimited Ice Cream. Something that is sure to please the little ones traveling with you, unlimited soft serve is available at select locations on the ship and is included in the cost of your cruise. There’s usually a variety of flavors and fun toppings to choose from. However, guests should note that there are also speciality ice cream shops located on the ships that do charge for their sweet treats. When in doubt ask a Cast Member.
5. Menu Items are All You Care To Eat. The great thing about the restaurants aboard your Disney Cruise ship is that there is a lot of flexibility and an all-you-care-to-eat ethos. If you can’t decide which dessert you want to order, get two! If you loved your entree so much then ask for more. With Disney Cruise Line, you have your meals your way!
6. Fun Freebies in Your Room. After of long day adventuring, it’s nice to come back to a little bit of TLC. Disney Cruise line offers a nightly turndown service where you’ll find a chocolate on your pillow, a towel animal creation or other fun items like pirate bandanas just in time for Pirate Night. It’s an extra little way that Disney Cruise Line goes above and beyond to make you feel looked after.
7. Access to the Latest Disney Films. Forget having to dish out for a movie ticket when you get back home. If there’s a new Disney movie out at the cinemas, chances are you’ll be able to watch it at no extra cost right aboard your cruise ship! To save yourself, even more, money, rather than spending cash at the movie theater concession stand, pick up some grab-and-go items for free from the Quick Service dining locations aboard the ship and bring them with you!
8. Free Pixie Dust. Though you may not want to dish out the money for a princess makeover at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, the pixie dust is absolutely free. So whether you’re heading out for an island adventure, spending your day aboard your ship or looking for a special way to dress up for dinner, pop by and ask for a complimentary wave of the pixie dust wand. Trust us, it will add a little swing to your step.
9. A Slew of Amazing On Board Activities – Each Disney Cruise Line Sailing is brimming with fun activities for kids of all ages. Children will love the “Kids Only” Oceaneers Club where they can do everything fly the Millenium Falcon to have storytime with much-loved Disney friends. There are awesome lounges for teens and pre-teens as well as themed nights at sea (Pirate Night is our favorite), awesome deck parties and even fireworks displays. It’s all these little extras that really go into making the sailing experience with Disney truly magical. But don’t take out word for it. See for yourself!
So what are you waiting for? With itineraries available to book through until September of 2019, now is the perfect time to plan your Walt Disney World getaway. Read below to find out how to get your FREE quote.
Click here for your FREE no obligation quote!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect itinerary and stateroom to nabbing the best rates. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Sea. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019