You’ve no doubt heard about Walt Disney World’s amazing Halloween and Christmas Celebrations as well as the incredible festivals happening quarterly at Epcot but did you also know that one day each year, Disney pulls at all the stops for Star Wars fans with their Galactic Nights Celebrations? This special ticketed event is happening this year on May 27th and provides the perfect opportunity for fans young and old to don their Star Wars finery, and head to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for a fun-filled night of mind-blowing shows, much-loved attractions, Star Wars characters and out-of-this-world goodies. Tickets have just gone on sale for this night celebrating all things Star Wars so check out our 9 reasons why this special night is a must do for fans and consider booking your visit!
1. Out of This World Projection Show – One of the highlights of this year’s Galactic Nights will be the amazing state-of-the-art Star Wars-themed projection show that will occur onto the Tower of Terror at the end of Sunset Boulevard. The show will transform the Hollywood Tower Hotel to showcase familiar locations from across the galaxy and will include favorite film moments, special effects and lighting all set to the much-loved Star Wars cinematic scores. The projection show is exclusive to Galactic Nights so this is your one and only chance to check it out!
2. The Costumes – Galactic Nights is the one time of year where Star Wars fans both young and old can don their favorite Star Wars-themed costumes and head to the parks. Show your support for the Light or the Dark side and be sure to have your cameras at the ready as half the fun is seeing what the other visitors to the park are wearing on party night. However, there are some costume guidelines to be mindful of so if you’ll be in attendance give this a quick read first.
3. Jedi Training Academy – If you’ve tried to sign up your little ones for Jedi Training Academy then you know that competing for a spot can be just as crazy as nabbing those Black Friday bargains. That’s why families attending Galactic Nights will be pleased to know that the Training Academy will be taking place throughout the event providing, even more, opportunities for your young Padawans to square off against some formidable Disney baddies.
4. The Chance to Ride Your Favorite Attractions Without the Lines – This a perk my family has come to really value when it comes to the Halloween and Christmas parties. During Galactic Nights, a handful of select Hollywood Studios attractions will remain open meaning that you can enjoy a ride or two without the ridiculous lines. The attractions slated to remain open on party night are as follows:
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Toy Story Mania!
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Walt Disney Presents
Disney is even promising this year that a few of these attractions may even offer some surprise Star Wars touches!
5. Galaxy’s Edge Panel – If there’s one upcoming Disney World project that has Disney fans really excited its the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in 2019. There have been so many exciting bits of news, speculation and downright rumors that have surfaced since the details first emerged about this incredible expansion that its time to set the record straight. During this exclusive panel event, visitors will receive the latest news and updates regarding this 14-acre land including how Imagineers are creating the real-life versions of all the iconic things that make Star Wars so spectacular. The panel will take place at The Epic Theater several times throughout the evening.
6. Out-of-This-World Culinary Creations – During Galactic Nights, Hollywood Studios amazing culinary team will pull out all the stops to bring a slew of fun intergalactic goodies for visitors to enjoy. Be on the lookout for Star Wars inspired dishes throughout the park. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the tasty dishes you’ll find on offer:
- Crab puff with wasabi crab claw—a dish inspired by the Gungans of planet Naboo
- Wagyu beef slider smothered with cognac mustard and fried Toma cheese patties—a dish that’s big and messy, just like Dex
- Ribeye steak puff—an option that’s easy to eat on the run, and ideal for a busy nerf herder
- Vegan curry with coconut, plantains, sweet potatoes and blue sauce with a hint of spice—inspired by the peaceful herbivore bantha
- Tatooine bisque, featuring rutabagas, turnips, carrots and parsnips—an earthy dish reminiscent of the sandstorms and moisture farms of Tatooine
- Star Wars-themed mini éclair trio—coffee, chocolate and vanilla flavored, this trio celebrates different eras of Star Wars with the rocks of Tatooine, the Dark Side lightsaber, and the one-and-only BB-8
- A variety of speciality alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
7. 3-Dimensional Photo Opportunities – During the party, guests will be able to step onto the scenes of the favorite Star Wars films with these unique photo experiences or even act out a scene or capture a heartfelt message about your love for all things Star Wars. You can then share your experience on social media for that perfect “I was there moment.”
8. Incredible Character Encounters – Star Wars: Galactic Nights will feature encounters with Star Wars characters from Imperial Storm Troopers and AWR Troopers to roaming droids and Jedi Knights. Half the fun of being at this event will be seeing what Star Wars friend is just around the corner.
9. Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular – Finally this much-loved evening fireworks display will be back to wow crowds. This state-of-the-art evening production lights up the night sky with a combination of digital projections, pyrotechnics, and a laser light show all set to the scores of Star Wars films both old and new. Disney has also promised that show this year will feature some exciting new enhancements! If you’ve not yet seen Galactic Spectacular, it is sure to be the highlight of your evening.
So if you’ll be in the Orlando area on May 27, 2018 and consider yourself a Star Wars fan, this is an event you won’t want to miss. Park access and activities listed above will be exclusive to party guests only. Event hours are from 7 pm-midnight on May 27th. Tickets are priced at $129 per adult and $124 for children between 3-9. Reduced tickets prices are available for Annual Passholders and DVC members. Tickets can be purchased through your travel agent, at disneyworld.com or by calling 407.WDW.DISNEY.
What are you waiting for? Make your plans to visit Disney World this May to take part in Galactic Nights. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019