Earlier this week, we here at Disney Addicts listed some of our favorite ways to celebrate a birthday or other special occasion at Walt Disney World. Now it’s time to turn our attention to the West Coast. Many of you will be planning a visit to Disneyland Resort that coincides with a special celebration for one of your friends or family. Whether it’s a birthday, high school graduation or another noteworthy triumph, there are lots of fun ways to add a little celebration to your visit to the Mouse. Here are six of our favorites.
1. Celebrate with a cake – Nothing says Happy Birthday like one of the incredible cakes whipped up Disneyland’s amazing culinary team. Cakes can be delivered to select table-service restaurants at Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure Park or the Disneyland Resort hotels. Guests can choose from a variety of designs including Pixar, Star Wars, and Frozen just to name a few as well as icing and cake flavors. Costs range from $60 for a 6-inch to $300 for a half sheet cake. Orders can be made by calling 714.718 DINE. Cakes can be ordered between 60 – 3 days before your visit. Special dietary cakes can also be ordered but must be done a week in advance.
2. Go on a Tour – The perfect treat for those traveling with a Disney enthusiast, the Walk In Walt’s Footsteps Tour takes visitors on a 3-hour magical journey where you’ll learn how Walt drew upon his personal history to create Disneyland. Visitors will hear stories about what inspired Walt and the challenges he faced in creating this magical place. You’ll explore attractions that were significant to Walt and enjoy a lunch or dinner on Main Street U.S.A at the Jolly Holiday Bakery. Collectors will also be delighted to know that there is a special souvenir handed out that is exclusive to tour guests!. The cost for the tour is $109 per person. Guests should call 714.781. TOUR to book.
3. Treat them to a special delivery from Disney Floral and Gifts – You’ll love the look on their faces when your special birthday boy or girl returns to the resort room after a long day at the theme parks to find a special gift waiting! Disney Floral and Gifts offer a wide range of items that can be delivered directly to your resort room. From floral arrangements to gift baskets there’s something for all tastes and budgets. For those looking for something really extraordinary, we recommend A Mickey Birthday Wish. This special in-room celebration comes with a Birthday door banner, Mickey & friends themed “Happy Birthday!” balloons and a Mickey Chalkboard. There’s also a Mickey-themed bin overflowing with goodies, a birthday card, birthday pin, Disneyland picture frame and a birthday ear hat. The cost of the package will set you back $279.00. More information on how to order can be found here.
4. Pamper with a spa package – For adults looking to celebrate in style why not consider a spa package at Mandara Spa. Located at Disney’s Grand Californian, the spa specializes in Balinese practices, massaging the left side of the body and then moving to the right to achieve optimal results. They offer a wide array of spa treatments including massages, facials and wraps. Our favorites are their range of signature treatments including the Fire and Ice Massage and the Coconut Poultice Massage. Trust us when we say that a trip to Mandara is the ultimate indulgence. Advanced reservations are strongly recommended and can be booked at 714.300.7350.
5. Tuck into a special birthday meal – Disneyland Resort has a wide range of incredible eateries with something sure to appeal to all ages and tastes. Have a child celebrating a birthday? Why not book in one of Disney’s amazing character dining experiences where kids can rub shoulders with some of their favorite Disney characters while tucking into some pretty amazing food. For adults visiting Disneyland there’s also an incredible array of Fine Dining Experiences. Indulge in the beauty of the Grand Californian Resort while enjoying the amazing California cuisine found at Napa Rose or enjoy an evening of vintage Disney at the esteemed Steakhouse 55. Visit disneyland.com for a list of Disneyland’s amazing eateries. Reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance by calling 714.781.DINE.
6. End the night with a dessert party – For the perfect end to your Disney days, you’ll want to be sure to check out the incredible World of Color production held at Paradise Pier waterfront, This incredible show features unforgettable scenes from beloved Disney and Pixar films shown across massive water screens. and also features fire, fountain, fog and incredible special effects. A popular evening event, you can avoid the crowds and add a taste of the VIP treatment by booking in the World of Color Dessert Party Package which includes a sweet and savory dessert selection, sparkling beverages and reserved seating in the World of Color preferred viewing area at Disney California Adventure Park. The cost to attend is $79 per person and includes tax and gratuities. Advanced booking is essential and can be made via disneyland.com or by calling 714.781.DINE.
This is but a mere handful of the many ways to celebrate that special birthday (or other celebration) while at Disneyland Resort. Oh! and don’t forget to pick up your special birthday button at your resort’s front desk or at Guest Services at either of the theme parks. It’s the perfect way to let cast members know that you are celebrations – you never know what magic may await!
Thinking about a visit to Disneyland? Packages are currently available to book through until the end of 2018. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019