Question: are there any good non-Disney hotels near Disneyland?
Answer: yes! There are 30+ Good Neighbor Hotels in the Disneyland area. Here are my top 6 picks (in no particular order):
- Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Mini Suites-This hotel is right across the street from the entrance to the Disneyland Resort. It offers great amenities such as: heated outdoor pool & spa, parking at the hotel ($10/day fee), free WiFi, complimentary continental breakfast, 24-hour front desk and guest laundry. The rooms come with a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker.
- Candy Cane Inn-This hotel has been around for almost as long as Disneyland itself. The Candy Cane Inn is just down the street from the entrance to the Disneyland Resort. The other amenities it offers are: complimentary continental breakfast, free parking, on-site spa & fitness center, complimentary high speed internet, on-site laundry and dry cleaning, and every room is equipped with a refrigerator, coffee maker, and in-room safe.
- Desert Palms Hotel & Suites-This hotel is also right down the street from the entrance to the parks. The Desert Palms Hotel amenities include: heated outdoor pool/whirlpool spa, fitness center, complimentary parking, complimentary hot breakfast buffet, complimentary WiFi, on-site laundry and dry cleaning, as well as an on-site restaurant called Sandbox Bar & Grille. The Desert Palms Hotel & Suites also offers kid’s amenities. These include: Mickey & Minnie Scavenger Hunt, photo booth, video game arcade, and weekly kids crafts.
- Embassy Suites Anaheim-South-This Embassy Suites is 1 mile from the Disneyland Resort. It is an all-suite hotel and offers a shuttle service to the Disney parks for a nominal fee. Some of the hotel amenities are: complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, complimentary cocktails/beverages and snacks at the Evening Reception, outdoor pool & whirlpool spa, fitness center, and on-site restaurant called Serengeti. All 2-room suites are equipped with a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker.
- Howard Johnson Hotel-The Howard Johnson Hotel is just up the street from the Disneyland Resort entrance. This hotel offers: free WiFi, free parking, heated Garden Pool & 15 person hot tub spa, Castaway Cove (a pirate themed water park area), a game room, and Main Street Market. Main Street Market is a shop that offers anything from food options to pool toys to Disney souvenirs. Each room can sleep up to 5 guests and is equipped with a refrigerator and coffee maker.
- Anaheim Marriott Hotel – D23 is coming to Anaheim, August 14-16, 2015 and the Anaheim Marriott Hotel has a new look with the completion of its $15 million renovation, which included changes in the lobby, guestrooms and the new nFuse Bar & Kitchen. I have not stayed here but I want to! Click here to read more!
I have personally stayed at the Desert Palms Hotel & Suites and have stayed at other Embassy Suites before. Both hotels can fit a family of 4 quite comfortably and both offer a great variety of breakfast options. I would highly recommend either of those and I look forward to personally staying in the other 4 hotels in the future.
If you need any help with choosing a Good Neighbor Hotel or have questions about planning your next Disneyland vacation, I would love to help you! Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019