When planning a Disney Parks vacation, one of the main decisions is where to eat. This holds true regardless of which coast you visit. While Walt Disney World has 4 parks, dozens of resorts, and hundreds of choices for table service dining, Disneyland Resort in California has its own selection of amazing dining locations. My favorite type of dining at Disney Parks is character dining. With or without children, I absolutely love how unique and fun the experience is! Character dining allows you to not only enjoy a delicious meal and escape the hustle and bustle of the parks for a bit, but also to meet your favorite characters without waiting in line! Besides, eating with Disney characters is not something you can do at home!
With so many choices, it is hard to decide which character meal you should reserve though. Over the years I have developed my favorites on both coasts but I’m here to tell you without hesitation which one stands out above all the rest. My top recommendation for a character breakfast is at Disneyland Park in Anaheim and it is…Plaza Inn.
A LITTLE HISTORY
Plaza Inn, formerly known as The Red Wagon Inn, is one of the original Disneyland restaurants. Opening along with Disneyland Park on opening day in 1955, Plaza Inn was one of Walt’s favorite places at Disneyland! It could be that little detail that makes me love Plaza Inn but it is also the charming Victorian decor which was handpicked and designed by Walt’s wife, Lillian. From the gorgeous stained glass ceiling, to the elegant marble foyer, Plaza Inn is not your typical theme park restaurant. Don’t worry about having to dress up though–Plaza Inn is a casual restaurant. This means park attire is completely acceptable so your mouse ears and Mickey t-shirts are welcome here.
Plaza Inn is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but if you want characters you will need to reserve the Minnie & Friends Breakfast in the Park. This is my favorite character dining experience on either coast. Oh yeah, I already told you that. So you must be wondering what makes it so special.
3 REASONS WHY PLAZA INN AT DISNEYLAND IS THE BEST CHARACTER BREAKFAST
1.Food: Featuring an “all you care to enjoy” spread of custom omelets, Mickey waffles, French Toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, breads, pastries, breakfast potatoes, biscuits and gravy, hot and cold cereals, and fresh fruit.
2. Characters: If it’s characters you’re after, this is the place for you! You will meet Minnie out front and then mingle with at least 10 others. Who you will meet is subject to change but expect an interesting mix. In addition to Minnie Mouse, I’ve met Hook, Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, Fairy Godmother, Chip & Dale, Rafiki, Goofy’s son Max, the fun loving Penguins from Mary Poppins, Suzy and Perla – the sweet mice from Cinderella, just to name a few. Be prepared for true interaction! The characters aren’t just there to smile for a photo! Dance with Pooh, guard your food from Dale, catch Chip sitting down to eat your food when you get up for seconds, play hide and seek with Penguins, spy a silly Eeyore peeking through the windows–the characters here have a good time.
3. Price: At only $19 for children ages 3-9 and $34 for those 10 and up, this character breakfast is a value for a character meal! Prices may fluctuate during holiday periods but still, when you consider the delicious buffet, elegant atmosphere, and the amazing character interactions, you will be hard pressed to find a better character meal for the money!
Plaza Inn accepts reservations beginning 60 days prior to date of desired reservation. The prime times go quickly! If you want a pre-park opening slot you need to be prepared to book as soon as your window opens. Reservations can be make online, by calling (714)781-DINE, or by contacting your travel agent and letting her do the work for you! Obviously, that last option is the easiest and the one I recommend! Your Key to the World Travel Planner will be happy to make your dining reservations for you as part of our full line of complimentary services.
Are you ready to create magical memories of your own? Contact me via email or submit the form below for you free vacation quote! As a College of Disney Knowledge graduate and Senior Travel Planner with Key to the World Travel®, the official travel partner of Disney Addicts and Chip & Co., I am your family’s best resource for a stress free, magical vacation! As a full service agent I am here to help you with all Disney destinations worldwide, Adventures by Disney, and Disney Cruise Line as well as all theme park vacations, all cruise lines, and more! Best of all, my concierge planning services are FREE to those who book their vacations through me! Contact me today and make sure to follow me on Facebook and Instagram for travel related news and fun.
- Disney Cruise Line Photo Packages - April 3, 2019
- Attractions with Low Wait Times at Disney’s Hollywood Studios - March 29, 2019
- Disneyland History: What’s So Special About a Park Bench - March 26, 2019