Disney’s Magical Express will be ending services starting January 1, 2022. Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel will need to find another way to get from the Orlando airport to their resort.
Two new shuttle services have recently become available to book for guests traveling next year. Mears now has a service specifically for Walt Disney World guests and another company, Transportation Management Services, has an option as well.
Mears Connect will transport guests from the Orlando airport to their Walt Disney World hotel beginning in January. There are two options when using Mears Connect: Standard and Premium. Standard is a shared service in larger vehicles (most likely buses) with monitored wait times. Premium is a direct service with a limited wait time.
The Standard service is $32 per adult and $27 per child for round trip. For one-way service, it is $16 per adult and $13.50 per child. The premium service is $200 for groups of one to four guests and increases by $55 for each additional guest for groups of 5 or more. So a family of 5 would pay $255 for the premium service while a family of 4 would pay $200.
The Sunshine Flyer from Transportation Management Services offers a themed experience centered around old-fashioned passenger cars and train engines and provides travel to and from the Orlando International Airport (MCO) to Walt Disney World Resorts.
This new service aims to alleviate the stress of airport transportation and kickstart the magic of the family vacation from the moment they board the bus:
- The buses are designed on the exterior to look like old-fashioned locomotives or passenger cars
- Staff will be dressed as 1920’s rail conductors and engineers
- The buses will have entertainment throughout the trip
- Ticket pre-sales begin on December 20, and service will begin on February 1, 2022
Tickets for The Sunshine Flyer must be booked at least four days ahead of arrival. Tickets are $17.00 per adult, $12.50 per child each way.
Which transportation service will you be using next year?
If you’d like help planning your next Disney vacation, contact me today! I am a travel agent with Destinations to Travel, a Disney Earmarked agency and my services are complimentary!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- FULL Menus Released for EPCOT’S 2022 Festival of the Arts! - January 7, 2022
- Disney World Special Offers for Spring and Summer of 2022 - January 5, 2022
- Does Disney Cruise Line offer any discounts? - January 5, 2022