Families thinking about taking a Disney Cruise next Summer (2019) are in luck as Disney announced that sailings for itineraries between May – September 2019 will go on sale next week!
Here’s a quick look at the booking windows:
- Bookings open to Platinum Castaway Club Members and Golden Oak by phone on March 5, 2018 at 8 a.m. ET.
- Bookings open to Gold Castaway Club Members by phone on March 6, 2018 at 8 a.m. ET.
- Booking open to Silver Castaway Club Members, Adventure Insiders and Disney Vacation Club Members by phone on March 7, 2018 a.m. ET.
- Bookings open to the general public online and by phone on March 8, 2018.
2019 seems ages away, why would I want to book so early? As frequent Disney travelers will tell you, when it comes to sailing with Disney, the early bird definitely catches the worm. Disney runs discounted fares slightly differently than other cruise lines. Because Disney has a small fleet (only 4 ships), it is rare that they will run last minute discounts as most sailings do tend to fill up. Instead, what they will do is offer more affordable rates for those booking as early as possible. With that in mind, bookings will be at the most affordable during on-sale dates and prices will increase the closer you get to your sailing dates. It’s not uncommon for guests who book early to pay hundreds less than those waiting until closer to the sailing dates – If you want the best savings book as early as possible.
Is Disney Cruise Line offering anything new For Summer 2019? – Disney recently announced a few of the highlights of its Summer 2019 sailing schedule. We are excited to share these with you and they are as follows:
More Chances to Explore Disney’s Private Island Castaway Cay – In 2019, Disney will offer even more opportunities for cruisers to enjoy Disney’s tropical island hideaway Castaway Cay with some sailings even making two stops. This means that guests can have twice the fun in the sun! These special itineraries are in addition to the ever popular three and four-night Bahamian cruises that will depart form Port Canaveral throughout the Summer of 2019 with stops in Nassau and Castaway Cay.
Special Disney Fantasy Itineraries to the Caribbean and Bahamas – In addition to the wildly popular 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean Cruises which will be available throughout the Summer of 2019, the Disney Fantasy will offer a variety of special itineraries to the Caribbean and Bahamas. These include a 3-night Bahamian Cruise departing August 7th, a 6-night Western Caribbean Cruise departing June 30th, and 8-night Southern Caribbean cruise departing June 22nd and an 11-night Southern Caribbean cruise departing July 27th.
Special Disney Wonder Sailings to Alaska – During the Summer of 2019, Disney Wonder will return to Alaska with a variety of 5-night, 7-night and 9-night itineraries departing from Vancouver. Stops include Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Stika, Icy Strait Point, Hubbard Glacier and Tracy Arm Fjord Alaska plus Victoria, Canada.
New round-trip sailing from Rome – Families looking to explore Europe need look no further than Disney Cruise Line’s new roundtrip sailing from Rome. The 8-night cruise will depart on June 14, 2018 on the Disney Magic from Civitavecchia (Rome).
Enjoy 7 New Ports in Europe! – 2019 is definitely the year to be embarking on a European Adventure with Disney Cruise Line. Seven new ports-of-call will be introduced for the first time. These include Gothenburg, Nynasham, Sweden, Toulon (Provence), Brest (France) Cartagena (Spain), Fredericia (Denmark) and Belfast (Northern Ireland). Summer European cruises include a wide range of options including sailings to the Baltic, British Isles and the Mediterranean.
I’m interested in booking a Summer 2019 Disney Cruise. How much would I need to put down? For most cruises, the standard deposit required to secure your reservation is 20% of the total fare. Terms and Conditions will be different for those booking concierge or club level rooms. No further payment is due until your final payment date which varies depending on Castaway Club status and length of sail. However, guests booking most 2019 cruises would not need to pay off their cruise until Early 2019.
If I book next week can I cancel if I need to? Yes. Disney understands that Summer 2019 is a ways away and a lot can happen. Disney Cruise Line has a pretty flexible policy when it comes to making changes or cancellations to your bookings. You can make adjustments right up until your final payment deadline without penalty and pending availability. In addition, if you need to cancel and do so before final payment you will receive a full refund.
I’m interested in booking a Summer 2019 Land and Sea Package. Can I do this when packages open up on March 8th? Unfortunately, Walt Disney World vacation packages won’t go on sale until a bit later Spring or Early Summer. However, you can always lock in your cruise next week to take advantage of the best rates and add in the Walt Disney World portion of your stay when packages are released. Check out this article I wrote on Land and Sea Packages or contact me at email@example.com to find out more.
Are itineraries still available for Early 2019? Yes. There are still plenty of wonderful sailings available from January – April 2019. Highlights include:
- An expanded two month season from San Diego to Baja and Mexican Riviera – From March to May 2019, the Disney Wonder will offer a variety of 2 to 7-night cruises to Mexico from San Diego. These itineraries provide a perfect taste of Mexican culture, breathtaking beaches, water activities, cliff diving as well as a chance to zipline through the jungle.
- Disney Wonder offering 3 special January Cruises out of San Juan, Puerto Rico to Southern Caribbean – In January of 2019, Disney Cruise Lines will offer three special Disney Wonder cruises to the Southern Caribbean from San Juan where guests will be able to sit back and relax on sun-drenched beaches and enjoy those warm Southern Caribbean waters. On these 6 and 7-night sailings, guests can explore the culture of the fascinating islands, sunbathe and enjoy local cuisine and marketplaces.
- Even more options for those headed to The Bahamas and the Caribbean – With 3 ships making Port Canaveral their hub in 2019, guests looking for the Caribbean and Bahamian sailings will be spoiled for choice. From 3, 4 and 7-night options there’s bound to be something for all budgets. The Disney Fantasy will offer 7-night Eastern and Western Caribbean sailings, Disney Dream will offer 3 and 4-night Bahamian cruises to Nassau and Castaway Cay and the Disney Wonder will offer 3 and 4-night itineraries throughout February.
- Set sail to the Bahamas or the Caribbean from Miami – The Disney Magic will kick off 2019 by offering 4 and 5-night Bahamian and Western Caribbean cruises from Miami. Bahamian stops include Castaway Cay, Nassau and Key West. Western Caribbean itineraries will stop in Grand Cayman and Cozumel.
If you’re interested in booking 2018 or early 2019 Disney Cruises you are able to book straight away. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
I’m interested in going on a Disney Cruise but not until the Fall of 2019. How long do I have to wait before booking? Disney should release packages for Winter of 2019 in Summer of 2018. We encourage you to keep following along with Disney Addicts for the latest updates regarding Disney Cruise Line on-sale dates. You can also join our 2019 Disney Cruise Line email list by popping a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get a jumpstart on your 2019 Disney Cruise Line Plans by filling out a quote request below! We’ll keep all your details at the ready and reach out to you on March 8th as soon as packages go on sale. If you’re a Castaway Club Member with early booking be sure to let us know in the comments!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect itinerary and stateroom to nabbing the best rates. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Sea. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019