One of the best ways I like to spend a rest day in Disney, is to head down to the pool. But if you are staying at a Disney Resort Hotel can you use the pools at the other resorts?
The short answer is no. The longer answer is maybe, in a few instances. Let’s investigate.
Disney’s resorts are broken down into 4 categories and one of the main factors that put them in their category is the pool and its amenities. Each property is unique! All value resorts have a themed pool. Moderate resorts have pools as well as water slides, spas/hot tubs, and provided towels. Deluxe resorts and Villas have the most elaborate swimming facilities with taller/longer slides and provide towels as well. A few of the deluxe resorts also have poolside cabanas. So it can be tempting to hop to another resorts pool.
Disney’s policy is that their pool facilities are exclusively for resort guests and they want each hotel guest to enjoy the amenities exclusively and make the most of their vacation at their selected resort hotel.
There are a few notable exceptions:
- Visitors to Disney’s All-Star Resorts (All-Star Sports, All-Star Music, and All-Star Movies) are able to enjoy the pools at any of the other All-Stars.
- Guests at Port Orleans French Quarter and Port Orleans Riverside also have the option of using the pools at both locations.
However, during peak periods, Walt Disney World reserves the right to restrict pool access only to guests at that specific hotel. So those staying in one of the sister hotels during their summer stays may not be able to hop.
Additional exceptions to the “No Pool Hopping” policy:
- If your pool is undergoing a refurbishment Disney will arrange for pool privileges at a nearby Disney resort.
- Pool hopping is a perk of being a Disney Vacation Club member.
- You and any Guests staying with you are permitted to take advantage of complementary alternative pool use, subject to the below:
- Capacity limits and blockout dates apply. To find out about pool-access availability, please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the Resort you wish to visit.
- You must present your MagicBand or valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card to use the other Resort hotel pools.
- If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that Resort hotel.
- Pool hopping is not available at the following pools—with no exceptions to this policy:
- Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resorts
- The leisure pool at Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- The Lava Pool and leisure pool at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- The Copper Creek Springs Pool at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- The pools at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Boulder Ridge Cove Pool at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
How will Disney know if I am staying at that resort?
At most of the pools, there is a gate that you have to scan your MagicBand to enter. As well as at some of the other ones there are attendants checking MagicBands.
If pool time is important to you on your Disney World vacation make sure to keep this in mind when selecting your resort property!
Let’s book your magical vacation today! As an agent with Key to the World Travel, I can help you with everything from Disney Destinations, a cruise, a beach getaway or even a trip to Europe. Contact me today for your free, no-obligation quote at email@example.com and follow me on Facebook to hear about the latest Disney updates and travel tips! Or, you can fill out and submit the form below. I look forward to helping you plan the most magical vacation for you and your family.