Q: Can I Order a Cake at Walt Disney World?
A: Yes! Whether its a birthday, anniversary or another important family milestone, what better way to celebrate your trip to the Mouse than with a delicious cake done Disney-style. To make planning your special celebration a “piece of cake” here’s a few ways that you can order this tasty surprise at Walt Disney World Resort:
1. Through the Disney Cake-Ordering Hotline- Yup. Disney actually has a hotline allowing you to customize cakes. From buttercream Mickey-shaped cakes, to fondant works of art to delectable treats topped with chocolate statues of some of your favorite characters, Disney’s cake creators will walk you through the process of creating your edible work of art. I stayed at Art of Animation last year and ordered one for my daughter who was turning five. We were able to select the size, budget and theme. What we got was an out-of-this-world, Little Mermaid, Under The Sea-themed masterpiece. It is something my little one still talks about to this day.
Delivery can either be at the theme parks or your resort hotel. When I ordered through the hotline, they weren’t able to deliver to my room but I received a call to go down to the Food Court to pick it up. However, if you are staying at a resort that offers private dining as a perk, in-room delivery is available,
The number of the Cake-Ordering Hotline is 407-827-2253. Guests are required to pay in advance. Those looking for customized fancy fondant options should try and place your order 3 weeks in advance. Simpler requests can usually be accommodated with 48 hours notice.
2. Amorette’s Patisserie – Guest’s popping over to Disney Springs may instead want to pick up one of Amorette’s fantastically themed Disney cakes. Options include delightful dome cakes like the Goofy Cake (pictured above) made up of chocolate chiffon cake, caramel mousse, milk chocolate ganache, and popping candy. Other available Disney characters include Mickey, Donald, Pluto, and Minnie. The dome cakes will set visitors back $65.00. Guests must book 72 hours in advance by calling 407-934-3500 or by stopping by the shop located at Disney’s Springs Town Center. All cakes come in a keepsake souvenir hatbox so that the memories can remain long after the last morsel has been devoured.
3. Disney’s Floral and Gifts – Disney’s in-room floral delivery service has recently jumped on the cake-ordering bandwagon and now offers a a Mickey Celebration Cake delivered directly to your room. Guests will be able to take their pick between chocolate and vanilla. For $59.99 Disney Floral and Gifts will also throw in cutlery, plates, napkins and a cake server. Bookings can be made at 407-939-4438 or at the Disney Floral and Gifts website.
4. Order on the day when dining at a Disney restaurant – If you are more the spontaneous type, you can always let your server know that you are celebrating a special birthday and inquire as to what cake options they might have available. Depending on where you dine, most restaurants will have stand-by simple chocolate or vanilla cakes to deliver to your table which they may embellish with some touches from the restaurant.
Or, if you’re lucky enough to be dining at Cinderella’s Royal Table, get in touch with them in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 407-824-4477 and surprise the princess in your life with the Her Royal Highness Package. For $112.00 your lucky guest will be treated to a balloon, a princess cake (guests can choose from Belle, Tiana, Aurora, Ariel and Cinderella), and a tiara.
Quick Tip: Don’t want the expense of paying for a cake? Get your birthday buttons at Guest Services upon entering the theme parks and wear them with pride. Most restaurants, when you visit with your Birthday button will treat you to a cupcake and at character dining meals you also get an autographed birthday card from the Disney characters at that meal! Its a lovely little bit of free pixie dust!
When it comes to ordering a cake through Walt Disney World, there are so many options and customizations available that I couldn’t possibly list them all here. However, this should provide a helpful starting point from which to plan your celebration while at the parks.
Looking for other ways to celebrate- check out this handy article.
Planning a Disney vacation? Fill out our form below for your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you create your perfect package and will also be on hand to help with planning your days at the parks and nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1-800.801-4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019