Q: Can you purchase a Disney Dining plan if you aren’t staying at a Walt Disney World Resort?
A: No. Disney Dining Plans are only available to those staying at a Walt Disney World Resort as part of a Magic Your Way Vacation Package which includes a Disney Resort stay as well as theme park tickets.
But, Dining Plans for off-site guests may be in Disney’s pipeline. Disney World briefly tested a quick service dining plan option for offsite guests earlier this year. Dubbed Disney Dine-on-the-Go Meal Pack, it was available to purchase by anyone visiting the Magic Kingdom and was trialed between January 12 – February 22nd of this year. It provided those that purchased the plan with Quick-Service meal certificates that they could redeem at participating locations throughout Magic Kingdom theme park each day from opening until 4pm. If Disney deems this trial as successful it may mean that on-the-day dining plans may resurface as an option for off-site guests at some point in the future.
However, in the meantime, the ability to purchase a Disney Dining Plan remains one of the amazing perks of staying on site Additional on-site benefits include:
- Extra Magic Hours- where the parks open early or stay open late for the exclusive use of theme park guests.
- Free Parking
- Free Disney Transportation to and from the resorts, theme parks and Disney Springs
- Free Airport Transfers
- Souvenir Delivery – The ability to have any Walt Disney World purchases delivered directly to your hotel room.
- Complimentary MagicBands
- The ability to make all dining reservations 180 days in advance
- 60 day Fastpass booking window
So when figuring out your Disney budget and trying to determine whether its better to stay off-site or on, be sure to weigh in all of the special extras you get by staying at Walt Disney World resort The cost of gas, parking and airport transfers alone, may make that offsite hotel bargain you found not as cost effective as your originally thought.
And finally, when it comes to the dining plan, for those staying on site, Disney has 3 flexible Dining Plans to chose from. This means that there are options that work for all budgets and needs.
- Magic Your Way Package Plus Deluxe Dining – the top-tier dining option, this is for Disney foodies and offers 3 meal credits per night that you stay that can be used on either table service restaurants (including character dining) or quick service restaurants. Guests also receive 2 snacks per night and a refillable resort mug per person. The cost is $106.68 per adult per night and $38.75 per child (3-9).
- Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining – this plan is a step down from the deluxe and offers 1 table service credit and 1 quick service credit per person per night, 2 snacks per night and 1 refillable resort mug. The cost is $69.35 per child per night and $24.95 for children (3-9).
- Magic Your Way Plus Quick Service Dining – a nice plan for those on a budget, this plan is great for those getting their meals on the go and includes 2 quick service meals per night, 2 snacks and a refillable resort mug per person. The cost is $48.19 per adult and $20.88 per child.
If you ‘re thinking about a visit to Walt Disney World and are considering a Dining Plan, why not get your FREE quote by filling out our form below?
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll help you find your perfect package and will be on hand to help with things like nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019