Epcot is shining with EARidescent magic during Disney World 50th anniversary!
This theme park is always moving forward and this year is no exception, Epcot is ready to surprise us with new offerings celebrating the resort’s 50th like dazzling decor, themed treats, exclusive merchandise and amazing nighttime shows!
When you walk into the park you will start to see Disney fab 50 character statues in every corner. Each statue plays homage to the past 50 years of Walt Disney World while keeping a theme to Epcot and its attractions.
For example you can find a statue of Figment in honor of Journey to the Imagination or Miguel and Dante in honor of the Mexican pavilion. They are all adorable and make a great photo op opportunity for the whole family.
Epcot is a great park for foodies, it always has a big variety of treats to enjoy! Take a look:
Coral Reef Restaurant
- Key Lime Tart with toasted meringue, EARidescent shimmer, sprinkles, and chocolate garnish
The EPCOT Experience
- EARidescent Croissant Doughnut – Croissant doughnut with blue icing and sprinkles
Le Cellier Steakhouse
- Chocolate Mousse Bar – Dark chocolate mousse, caramel cookie pieces, milk chocolate shell, and chocolate shortbread cookie
San Angel Inn Restaurante & La Hacienda de San Angel
- A festively decorated chocolate pyramid filled with Mexican chocolate mousse and toffee served atop a traditional Tres Leches Cake and accompanied by ice cream
Nine Dragons Restaurant
- Boba Blue Magic – House-made butterfly pea flower ice cream and blue lychee jelly topped with creamy milk cap, blueberry popping boba, crunchy toffee, and a fortune cookie
- Yuzu mousse cake with Kinako crumb adorned with gold flakes, matcha cream, chocolate rocks, and sparkling Yuzu sauce.
Via Napoli Donkey Cart & Gelateria Toscana
- Blue and white 7-layer cake topped with chocolate ganache and gold dust
Tutto Italia Ristorante & Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria
- Vanilla and blueberry panna cotta, white chocolate, and gold dust
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake – Mini chocolate bundt cake with chocolate ganache, sprinkles, and icing dusted with EARidescent shimmer and chocolate 50th anniversary garnish
For those who love to shop, you have to visit the new Creations Shop! This store celebrates Disney’s legacy of creativity by honoring the nostalgia of Epcot’s past and the exciting promises of its future with special merchandise collections created for The World’s Most Magical Celebration!
You can check out this video to know about the one of a kind art installations, meaningful souvenirs and contemporary architectural design used to bring this new shop to life:
Two attractions are also debuting in honor of Disney World 50th anniversary: Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind!
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure is the newest attraction in Epcot! Located at the France pavilion in the World showcase, this ride is a 4D experience for the whole family! You have to check it out.
Next year, another amazing attraction will debut in Epcot, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewinds! This ride will invite guests to the first “other world” showcase pavilion in the park’s newly renamed World Discovery neighborhood. It’s a thrilling new family-friendly attraction inviting you to join the Guardians of the Galaxy on an awesome, intergalactic chase through space and time!
This attraction will also feature the first reverse launch on a coaster in Disney history and is one of the longest enclosed coaster in the world!
As for entertainment options, the World Showcase is a great place to enjoy different performances through the different pavilions. You can dance to the rhythms of Alberta Bound in Canada, laugh with Sergio in Italy or enjoy the majestic percussion of the Taiko drummers of Matsuriza in Japan!
You can also enjoy different versions of “The Magic is Calling” at the Mexico pavilion with Mariachi Cobre and the America pavilion with Voices of Liberty!
“The Magic is Calling” can also be heard during the transformation of Spaceship Earth to one of the four beacons of magic at night! You will see lights shine from the reflective panels as stardust emerges to symbolize beacons of possibility and optimism.
Finally, you can’t miss Epcot newest nighttime spectacular Harmonious! A show with Disney music that inspires people around the world, carrying you away on a stream of familiar visuals and songs reinterpreted by a culturally diverse group of 240 artists from all over he world.
The show features floating set pieces, choreographed fountains, lights, lasers and more! Is an experience that could only happen at Epcot, a place where the impossible becomes possible through the power of human imagination and the magic of Disney!
So these are some of the experiences that are waiting for you at Epcot to celebrate Disney World 50th anniversary!
Credit: Disney Parks
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Are There Any Holiday Magic Shots At Walt Disney World? - December 2, 2021
- Delicious Disney Holiday Recipes Round Up! - November 24, 2021
- All The Entertainment Coming Back To Walt Disney World For It’s 50th Anniversary! - November 24, 2021