Downtown Disney is celebrating it’s 20th anniversary with some exciting changes coming and plenty of extra reason to visit!
From new locations, amazing merchandise, tasty food and photo-ops, Downtown Disney District at Disneyland has something for everyone!
This year there are two big reasons to visit:
- The Star Wars Trading Post: You will find it a new location at the west end of Downtown Disney District that used to be the home of the Rainforest Cafe. The themed will be inspired by Yavin 4, a hidden jungle Resistance base and it will even include Rey’s iconic speeder displayed at the entrance!
- WonderGround Gallery: Reopening soon, this location offers housewares, headbands, spirit jerseys, along with a unique collection of art, gifts and collectibles!
Disney hasn’t released opening dates for this location yet but we hope they can announced them soon.
Downtown Disney District also offers a variety of merchandise for every taste!
- Disney Parks 2021 Collection: Celebrate 2021 with clothing, accessories and more.
- Lunar New Year: Get ready for Year of the Ox with festive clothing and accessories featuring some of your favorite characters.
- Reigning Cats and Dogs: Show your love for four-legged friends with fetching new clothing and accessories for you and your pet.
- Soul: Find your spark with clothing, accesories and toys inspired by Disney and Pixar’s newest film.
- Disney Balloons: These treasured souvenirs are now available at the Buena Vista Street vending cart. Up balloons are available now through January 31, 2021 plus more themes are on the way, including a balloon to celebrate Lunar New Year.
And while you are checking out the latest trend, make sure to take advantage of “Bring Home the Magic”! All you have to do is look for the gold shopping bag around the stores to spot special savings!
Bring Home the Magic will be available at World of Disney, Elias & Co and Backlot Premiere Shop. Plus you can advantage of mobile checkout, all you have to do is open the Disneyland app, grab a mobile checkout shopping bad, scan your items in the store, check out and pay all from the app! Once you are done, you will get a QR code that you need to show when you exit the store and done.
After all that shopping, why not stop for something to eat! Some dining locations you will find here are:
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes
- Salt & Straw
- Wetzel’s Pretzels
- Earl of Sandwich
- Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen Express
After eating, stop by the Black Panther artwork honoring Chadwick Boseman. This beautiful tribute will be available until February 28 so hurry up and check it out!
Downtown Disney is open everyday from 10am to 8pm including the extension along Buena Vista Street and the Disneyland Resort Backlot Premier Shop.
Credit: Disney Parks
- Disney World Newest Rhino Calf Ranger Joins The Kilimanjaro Safari! - February 26, 2021
- Foodie Guide To 2021 Taste Of EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival - February 25, 2021
- 3 Disney World Rides That Will Be Changing Soon - February 21, 2021