Part of the fun of a Disneyland vacation is meeting your favorite characters! Why not make reservations for one or more of Disneyland’s character meals? Your family can snap group photos, collect autographs, and enjoy some great food all the meanwhile! Plus, character meals generally provide more interaction than character meet-and-greets, and you can skip the lines, too! Your friends at Disney Addicts have the down-low on Disneyland’s 4 family-friendly character meals:
1. Minnie & Friends – Breakfast in the Park – Head to the Plaza Inn at Disneyland Park and enjoy a special breakfast with Minnie and friends! You’ll love the all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast buffet of items like made-to-order omelets, French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, and, of course, Mickey waffles! While you dine, some of your favorite Disney characters will stop by for a quick visit. Although characters are subject to change, you’ll meet a diverse crew that might include Minnie, Chip ‘n’ Dale, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Hook, Fairy Godmother, and Rafiki. As you mingle, check out the view of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle just outside. You can dine at The Plaza Inn for lunch and dinner, too, but characters only appear during breakfast time.
2. Surf’s Up! Breakfast with Mickey and Friends – Disney’s PCH Grill inside Paradise Pier Hotel invites you to join Mickey Mouse during breakfast time for an extra special all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast buffet. Children will love the interactive feel of this experience as characters like Mickey, Minnie, Stitch, Pluto, and Daisy invite guests to join in on their beach party fun. This breakfast character dining experience is the only one where you’re guaranteed to meet Mickey! It’s also on the smaller side, so expect lots of opportunities to meet the characters. Breakfast options include the chef’s signature flatbreads, build-your-own parfait stations, egg white frittatas, Banana Foster French toast, smoothies, and more.
3. Goofy’s Kitchen – This fabulously fun character buffet takes place at breakfast and dinner inside of Disneyland Hotel. Guests of all ages are sure to enjoy the energetic ambiance and visits from Goofy, Pluto, Minnie, and Chip ‘n’ Dale, who are likely to appear here. There’s also 5 food stations and kid-friendly options like Goofy’s very own peanut butter and jelly pizza! Families can enjoy this character meal at both breakfast and dinnertime.
4. Chip ‘n’ Dale Critter Breakfast- Inside Storyteller’s Cafe at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, guests will discover the Chip ‘n’ Dale Critter Breakfast. Not only will you chow down on the all-you-care-to-enjoy offerings like made-to-order omelets, Mickey waffles, fresh baked goods, and seasonal fruit, you’ll also get to meet Disney storybook favorites like Chip ‘n’ Dale, Brother Bears Kenai and Koda, Meeko, and Brer Fox. On the weekends, guests can get in on the character fun with the Storyteller’s Weekend Character Brunch Buffet. This special brunch is offered on select Mondays and holidays, too.
Disneyland fans might recall that Ariel’s Grotto inside Paradise Pier at Disney California Adventure Park is the perfect place to dine with Disney princesses. However, as Disneyland renovates this area in preparation for the brand new Pixar Pier, Ariel’s Grotto will close beginning January 8th. Disney plans to release updates on the future of this fan-favorite dining location at a later date.
Whichever character dining experiences you chose, be sure to make advance reservations beginning 60 days prior to travel. Log into your online Disney account of call 714-781-DINE.
Planning a trip to Disney? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Want to plan a magical vacation to one of the Disney Destinations? I’m happy to guide you through the planning process! As a Travel Planner with MickeyTravels, I can book your package, make FastPass and dining reservations, and customize your vacation to fit your budget and needs. Please feel free to contact me at 1.888.300.0582, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow along on Facebook.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019