With magic around every corner, it’s no wonder that a Walt Disney World is a popular vacation destination for honeymooners and newlyweds. For those choosing to spend this special occasion at Disney, there are a handful of delightful ways to create special memories, pamper yourself and add in that extra little dose of pixie dust. For those thinking about a honeymoon visit in the year ahead, here are 10 ways to celebrate at Walt Disney World.
1. Enchanted Evening Honeymoon Package – This special package is available to book under Disney’s Enchanted Extras Offerings and includes:
- Two exclusive honeymoon themed MagicBands
- Two exclusive honeymoon luggage tags
- Admission for two to the “Happily Ever After Fireworks” Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing at Magic Kingdom
- A Small Celebratory Treat.
The page is available to book through until the end of 2018. Guests must be staying onsite at Walt Disney World in order to qualify. Packages are only available to book on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday evenings. The cost is $160 per couple and the package must be booked at least 7 days before arrival. Bookings can be made by contacting your travel agent or by calling 321- 939-4610.
2. Watch Fireworks from the Beaches at the Polynesian or the Grand Floridian- Having a magical romantic moment at Walt Disney World needn’t break the bank. Both beaches at these Deluxe Monorail Resorts offer breathtaking nighttime views of the Magic Kingdom’s evening fireworks display. Why not head to the Polynesian for a Dole Whip or a fantastic cocktail at Trader Sam’s before heading to the waterfront? Over at the Grand Floridian, you can enjoy the amazing shops or indulge in delicious cuisine at one of their many eateries before treating yourself to these special views. And unlike the heavy crowds you’ll encounter while watching the fireworks at the theme parks, both of these viewing areas offer a more intimate, relaxed setting.
3. Capture Those Romantic Moments With Memory Maker – Whether it’s stealing a kiss in front of Cinderella’s Castle or sharing a moment while strolling through Epcot, Disney World’s amazing team of PhotoPass photographers will be on hand to capture all of your amazing honeymoon memories. For $169 (when purchasing up to 3 days before your vacation) you’ll have access to unlimited photos taken during your visit. This can include portraits in front of iconic Disney backdrops, character greetings, ride photos and videos and even special Magic Shots with Disney characters. For more information on MemoryMaker check out this article.
4. Treat Your Loved One With An In-Room Surprise – Disney Floral and Gifts offer a handful of beautiful romance packages that make the perfect add-on to your Walt Disney World resort stay. Whether it’s having your room decorated with rose petals, ordering a bottle of champagne or pulling out all the stops with an in-room celebration, there are options to suit all tastes and budgets. Our favorite is the “From Mickey and Minnie With Love” package which includes a trail of rose petals sprinkled on the bed, magically lit candles, chocolates on the pillow, a spa basket for two, personalized bath towels, a dozen roses and a custom photo of Mickey and Minnie sending you their love and congratulations!
5. Go On a Horse;-drawn Carriage Ride – Nothing says romance like a carriage ride at dusk amongst the tree-lined lanes at Disney World’s Port Orleans Resorts or through the lush Cypress forest at Fort Wilderness. Couples will board their horse-drawn carriage for a relaxing 25-minute ride. Carriages can accommodate up to 4 adults (or 2 adults and 3 small children). Each ride costs $55 and can be booked up to 180 days in advance at 407.WDW.PLAY.
6. Go On a Wine Walk Around the World Showcase – One of Disney’s best-kept secrets is the World Showcase Wine Walk at Epcot. This self-guided tour is perfect for wine lovers who plan on spending a day enjoying the food and drink from the countries around the World Showcase. Guests pay in advance for both red and white wines at three different countries (Italy, Germany and France). In order to participate, guests just need to show up at one of the following Wine Walk locations: Enoteca Castello – Italy, Les Vins de France – France, and Weinkeller – Germany.
7. Indulge In a Couples Massage at Senses Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort – Take some time to relax and unwind from all of the wedding excitement with a decadent spa treatment at Senses at the Grand Floridian. The Massage for Two allows you to enjoy your treatment side-by-side with your loved one in a private treatment room. Guests can opt for the 50-minute package which comes in at $275 or the 80-minute treatment which costs $390. Spots fill up quickly at Senses so early booking is highly recommended. Bookings can be made through your travel agent or by calling 407.WDW.SPA.
8. Enjoy the Evening Fireworks with an Evening Cruise – If your favorite way to view Magic Kingdom’s magnificent event fireworks display is without the crowds, then this may be the perfect romantic option ticket for you. The Ferrytale Fireworks dessert party offers unforgettable views of Magic Kingdom’s fireworks from the General Joe Potter ferryboat as it sails along Seven Seas Lagoon. The menu includes unforgettable goodies from the Chefs at the Deluxe Resorts around the Lagoon and features an eclectic mix of desserts and pastries as well as hot, cold and alcoholic drinks for those over 21. The views you get of the “Happily Ever After Fireworks” from Seven Seas Lagoon are nothing short of breathtaking.
9. Splurge on a Romantic Meal – Disney World has no shortage of incredible eateries providing the perfect backdrop for your night out at Disney World. Our favorite? Victoria and Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort. Consistently receiving AAA’s five-diamond award for excellence, this is the best restaurant on Disney property and one of the best in the country. Its refined dress code, limited seating and delectable cuisine will definitely make you feel like VIPs for the evening. The cost to dine here is well over $60 per adult definitely making it a splurge but one that you’ll be bragging about for years to come. Advanced booking is essential and can be made at 407..
10. Take a Behind-the-Scenes Tour – For honeymooners looking to do something off the beaten path, Disney World offers an impressive array of tours that add an extra element of fun to your Disney days. Whether you’re going scuba-diving in the massive aquarium at Epcot’s The Seas Pavilion, learning some behind-the-scenes secrets during the Keys to the Kingdom tour our dangling above a hippopotamus enclosure on the Wild African Trek, there’s something for everyone. So indulge your inner-Disney historian, Star Wars Fan or intrepid adventurer with one of these amazing offerings. Our favorite for couples? The Savor the Savanna Evening Safari Experience. This unique offering gives guests the opportunity to hop aboard a private safari vehicle and enjoy an expedition through the Wildlife Reserve. You’ll stop at an exclusive viewing area where you get to sample regional beers, wines and African-inspired tapas. For more information on the many tours on offer contact your Travel Agent or Disney directly at 407.WDW.TOUR.
This is just a taste of the many magical options available to honeymooners or those on a romantic Disney getaway. Reach out to MickeyTravels, the preferred travel agency of Chip and Co. and Disney Addicts for assistance planning your Honeymoon. Start by filling out the form below to receive your FREE quote and let the magical memories being!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019