Q: Are there any military discounts available for Disney World in 2017?
A: Yes. If you are active or retired military and have a Valid Military ID, you may be able to take advantage of the latest military discounts released by Walt Disney World. Here’s a rundown of what’s currently on offer:
Walt Disney World Theme Park Tickets:
Disney is currently offering Military Promotional Tickets which can used (bar some exceptions)throughout 2017. The tickets currently available under offer are as follows:
- 5-Day Military Promotional Ticket: Bookable between now and December 15th, these tickets can be used for visits between January 1- April 8th 2017 and through April 24th and December 19, 2017. The cost is $224 plus tax and includes Park Hopper.
- 4-Day Military Promotional Ticket: Bookable between now and December 16, 2017, these tickets can be used for visits during the same period (April 24 – December 19, 2017). This tickets also include Park Hopper and the cost is $209 plus tax.
- Water Park Fun and More Add-on: Under the scheme guests also have the ability to add the Water Park Fun and More add-on providing access to Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach and Disney Quest among others for the discounted price of $37 plus tax (the usual price is $68.16).
- Discounted Memory Maker Package: Military personnel wanting to capture the magic of their Walt Disney World getaway can do so with a special discounted Memory Maker Package. Under the offer, guests can enjoy FREE downloads of all of the PhotoPass photos taken during their stay for only $84.00. The cost of Memory Maker without the discount is between $149-$169.
The Memory Maker add-on however can only be purchased at a Walt Disney World theme park ticket window once the guests have arrived at Disney. The guests must also be considered an Eligible Service Member (see below) to qualify.
How do I know if I qualify as an Eligible Service Member? According to the Terms and Conditions of the offer, this includes: Active or retired members of the U.S. Military and includes: National Guard Reservists, The U.S. Coast Guard, the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service (PHS) and the Commissioned Corps of that National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Spouses also qualify if they are able to present valid and active U.S. Military ID’s in the absence of Military Personnel. Only 6 tickets can be purchased under the offer and they are non-transferable.
Walt Disney World Resort Stays:
Disney is currently offering discount rates at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels for Military personnel booking by December 19, 2017. The dates match those of the ticket offer and cover stays between January 1 – April 8, 2017 and from April 24 – December 19, 2017.
Are all resorts available to book under the offer? Military Resort discounts are offered on a first-come-first-served basis with eligible resorts having a limited allocation. Once a resort has used up its allocation you would need to look at other available resorts. Availability will vary depending on dates with rooms booking up quickly during peak periods like Spring Break, public holidays, Summer and Christmas. Guests must meet the same eligibility requirements as those outlined above for the discounted ticket offer.
How do I make a resort booking or find out what resorts are currently available to book under the discount? You can contact Disney directly at 407-939-5277 or by filling out our form below to receive your FREE Military Discount Quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you find your perfect package, make sure your getting the best discounts, nab those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations and share tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Disney World. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019