Ok so – you’ve done the work – put in the hours planning, saving, Packing – and finally, you’re there – you’re at Walt Disney World for the FIRST TIME! It’s so beautiful – the sights, the sounds, the smells – we’re sure it will be everything you thought it would be and more! However, while you’re taking the time to enjoy all that Walt Disney World has to offer be sure you follow these Disney Tips for First Timers!
1. Shop Smart: I don’t know about you but I LOVE shopping for trip souvenirs – and your instinct might be to head right into the first shop you see and start buying it all because it’s so awesome! Well – resist the urge – slow down, take a breath, put down the giant stuffed Mickey Mouse, and remember – you have your whole trip to shop! Take your time, browse some stores, and choose your souvenirs wisely. Make sure you pick things that you can use when you get home – or else you’re just wasting money! I also recommend you use a pre-determined souvenir budget for everyone in your family – and that you STICK TO IT. It may be hard, but those little trinkets can add up fast
2. Save Money On Food: Walt Disney World is a Foodie’s dream come true. They really have it all from every type of cuisine imaginable to snacks you’ve only dreamed of! Everyone is sure to find something they love. With that in mind, tt’s easy to get overwhelmed when it comes to where to eat and what to order – so if I can impart only one thing about the Disney food scene it’s that sharing is caring! Many Disney dishes/meals/snacks are hugely oversized – so much so that you can easily share them among multiple adults/kids, so make sure you keep an eye out for those opportunities – less food waste, and less money or snack credits wasted too!
3. Don’t Try And Do It All: It’s easy to get caught up in the Magic of Walt Disney World – so much so that you end up running around trying to see every show, ride every ride, and eat every snack. While that last part sounds delicious, it’s all just totally unachievable. You will end up tired and someone will likely have a temper tantrum from being hungry, tired or overheated and no one wants that! That’s where a bit of research comes in handy! Make a touring plan, whittle down attractions to a must-do list or pace yourself and try and spend more than one day at each of the parks for a more relaxed approach. Remember, vacation is all about relaxation, a chance to recharge and reconnect with your family and you can’t do that if you’re running around from ride to ride!
4. Take A Break: While the Disney Parks are amazing places to be, I personally have found that by the end of the morning, I am ready for some quiet time – a nap, a snack, a swim – and so right around lunch time I like to head back to my Disney Resort Hotel for some relaxation. Gives me a chance to escape the crowds, spend some one on one time with my family, and just get back to the root of what a vacation is all about – fun, family, and relaxation! Plan a mid-day break and you avoid getting burnt out, and give yourself a chance to regroup and then you can head back to the parks later in the afternoon – when it’s cooler and the sun has started to set.
5. Pack For The Parks: You will want to make sure you pack smartly ahead of time for the parks – some “must pack” items for me include: disposable ponchos (can be purchased at the dollar store), sunscreen (LOTS OF IT), reusable water bottles, A hoodie, baggies (to keep my valuables dry should it rain and to store partially eaten snacks for later), an external phone battery pack, snacks (granola bars, trail mix, etc), and a mini first aid kit. Things like band-aids and Tylenol would be good “just in case” items to have in your Park bag. Speaking of a bag, I recommend putting it all in a comfortable backpack that both you and your spouse are willing to take turns wearing.
Above all, my biggest tip is “REMEMBER TO HAVE FUN!” laugh, smile, take pictures, make memories – and ENJOY yourself! These tips I have listed above will help you do just that – giving you time to focus on what’s really important – vacationing with the ones you love in the Happiest Place On Earth!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.