I’m a teacher. My husband is a school principal. So, it is just natural that I am always looking for educational opportunities every time we travel. Yes, I’m the mom that looks for museums and zoos wherever we go. Now before you feel bad for my children, we have fun too! But I have found over the years that there are so many fun AND educational opportunities while on vacation! As with everything else Disney does, they excel in this area. They have mastered the mingling of fun and education better than most. So, whether you are thinking of taking your children out of school for a trip to Walt Disney World and the school is requiring proof of educational value for them to be excused, or if you are a teacher or group leader looking for Youth Education Programs for your students, or if you are like me and just want to make sure your children are always learning, there are plenty of opportunities to be had at The Most Magical Place on Earth.
Disney Youth Education Programs:
Disney Youth Education Programs are available to students in elementary through high school. All student groups are welcome to participate, including public and private school groups, Girl Scout/Boy Scout troops, homeschool groups, organized teams, and church youth groups. The Disney Youth Education Programs are accredited by the Northwest Accreditation Commission and the Association of Zoos and Aquariums.
Youth Education Program options at Walt Disney World Resort include:
- Discovering Marine Life Conservation: Led by marine scientists at The Seas with Nemo & Friends, students will explore ways to protect ocean life and promote conservation.
- Discovering the American Spirit: Right in the middle of Magic Kingdom Park, students will explore Liberty Square and Frontierland in depth to learn more about American History.
- Disney Leadership Strategies: For older students, this is a chance to learn proven leadership strategies and to cultivate stronger collaboration skills, increase self-confidence.
- Energy and Wave Physics Lab: An interactive adventure in which students explore physics principals utilized in Magic Kingdom attractions through light and sound.
- Performing Arts programs that include more than just the opportunity to perform in the parks, at Disney Springs, or in the Candlelight Processional. Students have the opportunity to learn from some of the best. Acting 101 is one example of how students can learn professional techniques to improve their performance.
Important details: Each Disney Youth Education Program has a fee for participation and also requires valid theme park admission. Specially discounted Disney Youth tickets are offered for qualifying groups. To qualify as a youth group for participation in these programs, the group must consist of a minimum 10 guests between the ages of 3-22. The group must be associated with an accredited school, religious or other organized youth group. The number of group leaders and extra guests must not exceed the number of youth guests.
Independent Educational Opportunities:
In addition to these scheduled programs, you can always find opportunities for learning on your own! For example, Wilderness Explorers at Animal Kingdom and traveling the world via the World Showcase at Epcot. Other Epcot educational experiences available to all guests include the many cultural festivals throughout the year such as the Festival of the Arts. Epcot also plays host to the Broadway Concert series during this festival.
Don’t Forget to Have Fun:
While you are there, remember, this IS vacation! Even field trips should be fun! Make sure to check out these top new experiences for youth (and the young at heart) in 2019!
- Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration at Magic Kingdom Park: An all new street party on Main Street U.S.A. and an opportunity to meet the Main Mouse himself along with his best gal, Minnie in their best birthday attire.
- Party with Pixar Pals at An Incredible Celebration! Held in celebration of 30 years of Disney’s Hollywood Studios. All the fun includes Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy, which debuts March 31st.
- Celebrate the circle of life at Animal Kingdom with the Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party.
Photos courtesy Disney®
Are you ready to learn more about the Disney Youth Programs or to get started on a magical vacation for your family? Contact me via email or submit the form below for your free quote! As a College of Disney Knowledge graduate and Senior Travel Planner with Key to the World Travel, the official travel partner of Disney Addicts and Chip & Co., I am your best resource for a stress free, magical trip! As a full-service agent, I am here to help you with all Disney destinations worldwide, Adventures by Disney, and Disney Cruise Line as well as all theme park vacations, all cruise lines, and more! Best of all, my concierge planning services are FREE to those who book their vacations through me! Contact me today and follow me on Facebook and Instagram for travel related news–Disney and beyond.
- Disney Cruise Line Photo Packages - April 3, 2019
- Attractions with Low Wait Times at Disney’s Hollywood Studios - March 29, 2019
- Disneyland History: What’s So Special About a Park Bench - March 26, 2019