Food inside Disneyland Parks can get expensive! Even if you budget to eat all of your meals in the park you may still want to bring in some food to snack on while you’re standing in line. Disney does allow you to bring in outside food with some limitations.
- Glass container (excluding small containers such as baby food jars)
- I have had one of my glass water bottles confiscated and I did not get it back
- Alcoholic beverages, marijuana or any illegal substance
- Coolers or backpacks, with or without wheels, larger the 24” long x 15” wide x 18” high (larger than 6-pack sized)
- Exceptions may be made for special dietary or religious needs
- Disney also reserves the right to not allow any bag, parcel or other items to be brought into the Parks
Items you can bring in
My first suggestion is to bring in a plastic or metal refillable water bottle for each person in your group. There are water filling stations and water fountains located throughout both parks. You want to make sure you stay hydrated!
Second, my family has always brought in snacks. I tend to get hangry, lol! Good items to pack in your bag are granola bars, crackers, goldfish for the little ones (or you), fruit snacks, nothing that needs to be refrigerated nor anything that can melt. We have also been known to bring in a full lunch! We will make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in our hotel in the morning and pack fruit to go with it.
I wouldn’t try and bring in a loaf of bread and make your lunches in the park. Remember you have to carry it all and there is a limit to the size of your bag.
If you do want to plan a bigger meal to bring to the parks you can use the picnic area located outside the Main Entrance to Disneyland Park. Here you will find tables, chairs, and shade umbrellas. You can store coolers up to 18″ wide x 25″ high x 37″ deep in rentable large lockers located next to the picnic area. Lockers are not refrigerated and availability is limited. Guests who need to refrigerate medication may do so at First Aid.
Where can I get food outside of the Parks?
There is a Target located on South Harbor Blvd. As well as a 7-Eleven, Walgreens, and CVS. Depending on where your hotel is located these may or may not be within walking distance. There is a bus route that travels the length of South Harbor Blvd. If these are just a little too far, most hotels have a convenience store located in the lobby where you can grab snacks. If your hotel doesn’t have one, check with the hotel next door.
Let’s book your magical vacation today! As an agent with Key to the World Travel, I can help you with everything from Disney Destinations, a cruise, a beach getaway or even a trip to Europe. Contact me today for your free, no-obligation quote at email@example.com and follow me on Facebook to hear about the latest Disney updates and travel tips! Or, you can fill out and submit the form below. I look forward to helping you plan the most magical vacation for you and your family.
Latest posts by Lynette Brown (see all)
- Run with Disney in the Castaway Cay Challenge! - May 16, 2019
- Avengers Assemble in Disney’s California Adventure - May 14, 2019
- Know Before You Go – Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland Resort - May 9, 2019