For foodies heading to Disneyland Resort this Summer, boy are you in for a treat. Both parks are chock-a-block with delightful Summer snacks many of which are only around for a limited time. As a matter of fact, there are so many amazing culinary delights available across the two theme parks and Downtown Disney that to help you decide where to start, we’ve narrowed it down to 7 of our favorites. Hopefully you’ll have a chance to enjoy a few of these during your next visit.
1. S’mores Candy Apple – (pictured) Visitors heading to Disneyland this month will not want to miss the chance to give one of these tasty treats a try. The apples are covered in milk chocolate, doused in chocolate cookie chunks, dressed with a dark chocolate and peanut butter drizzle and also come with a topping of chopped roasted peanuts. The S’mores Candy Apple is available at two Disneyland locations including: Candy Palace (Main Street USA), Pooh’s Spot (Critter Country). Guests can also find the apple on the menu at Trolley Treats in California Adventure and Marceline’s Confectionary at Downtown Disney.
2. The Milano – In celebration of Disney California Adventure Park’s Summer of Heroes, Studio Catering Co will be serving up this technicolor drink until September 10th. The drink is made up of frozen orange Fanta, blue cream and whipped cream. Guests are reporting that it tastes like one of the orange creamsicles that you had as a child. And of course, the name pays homage to Star-Lord’s ship the Milano from Guardians of the Galaxy.
3. Colored Churros – Speaking of technicolor, another tasty treat being served up at California Adventure Park until Sept 10th are these new colored Churros available at the Cozy Cone Motel in Cars Land. Visitors can choose between red, blue or yellowed colored sugar but the taste is the same cinnamon sugar flavor that churro fans love.
4. Shaved Ice with a Twist – What better way to cool of in the California heat then with a shaved ice. Visitors to California Adventure Park will want to stop by Bifrosties located behind Schmoozies in Hollywood Lane where a treasure trove of shaved iced varieties await. In honor of the Summer of Heroes, guests will be able to tuck into colorful concoctions like the Spinal Fluid shaved ice featuring banana, mango coulis and a chili lime spice or go for the Spider Venom a blue raspberry and cherry concoction mixed with condensed milk. But hurry. These frozen treats are only available until mid-September.
5. Strawberry Street Car Sundae – Guests looking for a little slice of ice cream heaven should head over to Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor in Disneyland to indulge in this delectable sundae that includes two scoops of vanilla ice cream, a waffle cop, strawberry topping, whipped cream and a cherry!
6. Groot Bread – No Disneyland summer snack list would be complete without the tasty treat that has taken Disney by storm. Found at Fairfax Market at California Adventure Park, Groot bread can be ordered in plain sourdough or in jalapeño cheddar form. What’s more fun than eating this tasty snack? Snapping photos of it so be sure to have your cameras at the ready!
7. Unicorn Macaroons – It’s definitely been the Summer for Unicorn-themed sweet treats and what better way to indulge your unicorn cravings then with a visit to Kayla’s Cake at Downtown Disney. The macaroons are strawberry flavored and are only available during the Summer months. So pop by and indulge in this magical treat while you can.
Is your mouth watering yet? Then you’ll have to be sure to visit Disneyland Resort this Summer and try out these tasty treats for yourself! Be sure to let us know which ones are your favorites in the comments below.
Planning a visit to Disneyland? There’s still fantastic 2017 packages to be had. Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019