One of the most important things to decide when you are planning your Disney World vacation is where to stay. We are going to do a series of posts reviewing the Walt Disney World resorts and why we love each of them. I am a huge fan of staying on property at Disney World for many reasons, but for me the primary one is that I really don’t want to leave the “Disney Bubble” once I’m inside it. I recently stayed with my family of six at Caribbean Beach and we all fell in love with this fun, tropical resort. Here is a summary of the property and why I think your family would love it for your next Disney World trip!
Caribbean Beach is a large property set up around six sections – Old Port Royale, which houses the check-in area as well as dining options and shopping, and five “islands” of resort rooms, Aruba, Barbados, Jamaica, Martinique and Trinidad. Old Port Royale was recently renovated and is clean, bright and beautiful.
Caribbean Beach is a motel style hotel – the doors to the rooms are on the exterior of the building and there are no interior hallways. Each island has a different color theme, each with a fun, tropical vibe, and its own bus stop. Hotel buildings are two stories and do not have elevators, so if hauling your luggage up 20 steps or so is going to be an issue, you can request to be on the main floor when you check in.
Aruba Island, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Caribbean Beach Resort offers a variety of room and view types that accommodate many types of travelers:
- King Bed – sleeps up to 2 adults
- 2 Queen Beds – sleeps up to 4 adults and you are able to specifically reserve Water/Pool View, Standard View, or Preferred location (close to Old Port Royale) room types
- 2 Queen Beds and 5th sleeper – sleeps up to 4 adults and a child in the sleeper (small pull-down bed)
- Pirate Rooms – 2 double beds, these fun, themed rooms also come in Standard or Water/Pool view
The rooms are not huge but are definitely a step up in size from the Value resorts. In addition to the beds as outlined above, the rooms have a small table with two chairs, small coffee maker, small refrigerator, large doors that can be pulled to separate the bathroom area from the rest of the room. The decor is neutral, simple and clean. Rooms sleep up to five, but since there are six people in my family, we need two rooms at this resort. We were given rooms right next to each other which worked out perfectly.
Handy bench in front of the closed pull down 5th Sleeper
Caribbean Beach has two quick service locations, a quick service market, a bar and a brand new table service restaurant.
- Sebastian’s Bistro – this table service location has a light and bright environment and menu. The cuisine served is Latin and Caribbean which fits in perfectly with the overall theme of the resort
- Centertown Market – this quick service location is within Old Port Royal is open from 6:30 AM – 11 PM daily and will be able to deliver a quick and tasty meal for your family throughout the day. We were pleased that this location offers quick and convenient Mobile Ordering from within the My Disney Experience app. They also offer an extensive selection of vegetarian and vegan meals.
- Centertown Market Grab & Go – this small market is a great option if you are in a serious hurry. It offers pre-packaged sandwiches, salads, snacks and baked goods. There is also an extensive selection of cold beverages – alcoholic options included.
- Spyglass Grill – this quick service option is located in the Trinidad pool area. It also features the option to place a mobile order, and an extensive list of selections from breakfast through dinner.
- Banana Cabana – this full service bar located in Old Port Royale features covered, outdoor seating and great views of Barefoot Bay. It is the perfect place to relax and unwind after a long day at the parks.
Centertown Market, Old Port Royale
There is no shortage of fun things to do at Caribbean Beach if you have some extra time on your arrival or departure days, or if you just want to take a rest day at your hotel in between days at the parks.
- Pools – there is a separate “quiet” pool at each resort island and a fantastic main pool area, Fuentes del Morro, located at Old Port Royal. The main pool is enormous and features two fun water slides guaranteed to keep your kiddos entertained for hours.
- The Unsolved Mysteries of Barefoot Bay – Thursdays from 8 – 9:30 PM, kids ages 10-16 can enjoy a pirate-themed scavenger hunt. This activity is an additional cost and reservations should be made in advance at 407-WDW-PLAY.
- Pirate Adventure Cruise – held daily from 9:30-11:30 AM, this activity is for children ages 4-12 and takes them on an adventure on the resort’s Barefoot Bay. Reservations for this activity should be made in advance by calling 407-WDW-PLAY and it requires an additional fee.
- Campfire Activities complete with marshmallow roasting
- Movies Under the Stars – see your resort times guide for showing details
Are you an outdoor enthusiast? There are also opportunities to rent fishing gear, bicycles, take a jog on a running trail, play a game of volleyball or visit a fun playground area with your kids.
Currently, the Disney World transportation offered at the Caribbean Beach is bus only. The resort is large and has 6 internal bus stops, but the My Disney Experience app now shows an estimated bus arrival time when at your resort which makes planning for your departure to the parks or Disney Springs that much easier.
In the future, Caribbean Beach will be one of the resorts serviced by the new Skyliner gondola system. This will allow easy transportation to Epcot as well as Hollywood Studios. The Skyliner is slated to open in the fall of 2019.
Caribbean Beach Resort differentiators:
- Many rooms sleep up to five
- Recently renovated main building and quick service restaurants
- Fantastic main pool area
- Access to the new Skyliner gondola system (expected in Fall 2019)
- Fun, tropical colors and vibe
Our family really enjoyed our most recent stay at the Caribbean Beach resort. The grounds are beautiful, the bright colors of the building make it a really fun environment for your next Disney World vacation. We think your family would love it too!
Ready to learn more about a Disney Destination vacation for your family? As an agent with Chip & Co’s official travel partner, Key to the World Travel, I would love to help with your first, or next, Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line or Disneyland vacation! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply fill out the quote request below. And be sure to follow me on Facebook and Instagram.
Latest posts by Missy Graner (see all)
- Food Allergies and Dietary Restrictions at Walt Disney World - June 15, 2019
- Best Attractions at Animal Kingdom with Little to No Wait - June 9, 2019
- Best Attractions at Magic Kingdom with Little to No Wait - June 2, 2019