Enjoy ‘Ohana Fun at Disney’s Aulani Resort
Disney’s Aulani Resort in Hawaii is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the magic of Disney! There are so many things for the whole ‘ohana to experience. Take a look at how you can enjoy all the beauty, stories and rich culture Aulani Resort has to offer.
Related – Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa Celebrates 11th Anniversary
Explore the beauty of Hawaiʻi
Taking into consideration the beautiful natural landscape and the local culture, Walt Disney Imagineers created Aulani Resort as a truly special place that celebrates the beauty of the islands.
Discover all of the special details with a guided Māka‘ika‘i (tour or sightsee) during your stay. There are three different complimentary (!) tour options:
- Māka‘ika‘i, the Nature and Wildlife of Aulani Resort: This tour takes guests on a walking tour through the resort for an in-depth look at the perfectly curated balance of manmade structures and natural surroundings. An entertaining guide will also highlight the broad canopy of the Waikolohe Valley, the lush space full of “mischievous waters” between the two towers, and the other beautiful natural spaces that call Aulani home.
- Māka‘ika‘i, The Art of Aulani Resort: During the design of Aulani Resort, Walt Disney Imagineers reached out to local artists to help tell the stories of Hawai‘i throughout the resort. This tour offers guests the chance to see how this inspiration helped bring the resort to life. Along the way, a guide will showcase unique interior design aspects, dramatic storytelling murals and one of the largest collections of contemporary Hawaiian artwork on the islands.
- Member Māka‘ika‘i: Art & Nature Trail: Every afternoon from 2-2:45 p.m., Disney Vacation Club Members can enjoy a member-exclusive tour through the resort. Guests will leisurely make their way through beloved resort locations to learn more about the landscape, nature, features and design.
Be sure to check the Daily ‘Iwa (aka Aulani’s daily activities schedule) for available tour times. The schedule is available at locations around the resort or on the Aulani Resort mobile app.
Discover new surprises
Have you heard of the Menehune? According to local legend, they are the mischievous, shy and maybe even a little magical beings of Hawai‘i. They are known for their skilled craftsmanship, evidence of which may be found by curious guests throughout Aulani Resort.
And if you’re in the mood for more exploring, the Menehune Adventure Trail can take you on a high-tech, interactive scavenger hunt for enchanting surprises! Explorers will use a special tablet to solve riddles, discover hidden wonders and learn about Hawaiian history and culture along the way.
Guests of all ages are invited to enjoy this complimentary experience, but some clues may be better suited for kids who are a little bit older (pre-teen age). Disney Vacation Club Members have extended Member Magic Hours, during which they have exclusive access to the experience outside of normal operating hours.
Welcome home celebration
We love to roll out the red carpet for our Disney Vacation Club Members, and what better way to say “E komo mai” (welcome home) than to throw a welcome home party?! Every week, members (and their non-member guests) are invited to a private celebration with an exciting trivia game, tasty refreshments and a dance party with a few magical guests!
Plus, partygoers will have a chance to learn more about exciting Disney Vacation Club updates and ask questions to make sure they’re making the most of their time.
Remember: this is an exclusive event and space is limited! Make sure to check in with a cast member to RSVP and learn more about the date, time and location of the celebration during your stay.
Learn the ‘ukulele
Music is a beautiful and meaningful part of Hawaiian culture. You’ll often hear the delightful chords of the ‘ukulele, one of the islands’ most popular instruments, fill Aulani Resort. Good news—our talented cast members in the Pau Hana Room are there to help you learn how to play this fun instrument!
During this 45-minute experience, cast members will share the history of several traditional Hawaiian instruments and you’ll learn a few chords on the ‘ukulele! By the end of the class, you’ll be able to play along with some of today’s popular songs.
Plus, if you loved your experience, you can purchase a ‘ukulele after your class. For Disney Vacation Club Members, you’ll receive a free set of replacement strings with your purchase!
These exciting experiences are just the tip of the iceberg of family fun to be had on your enchanting Hawai‘i vacation.
Want to experience Disney’s Aulani Resort for yourself? Contact me today to start planning your trip! I am a travel agent with Destinations to Travel, my services are complimentary, and I’d love to help you plan a magical vacation!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- New Experiences Coming to Disney World this Year - March 16, 2023
- Complete Guide to the World of TRON - March 15, 2023
- Guide to Aunty’s Beach House at Disney’s Aulani - March 13, 2023