Walt Disney World Resort is famous for being a magical place that is constantly evolving and changing. With change and evolution come new experiences and attractions! There are so many new and exciting things coming to Disney World and we couldn’t be more excited! Recently, at D23 Expo 2022, many announcements were made about these magical new additions. Here are a few we are really looking forward to!
Magic Kingdom Park
There are so many new experiences and attractions coming to Magic Kingdom Park! Including:
- The return of the popular nighttime spectacular “Happily Ever After” which will be returning in 2023
- TRON Lightcycle Run will also be lighting up the sky in Tomorrowland. The long-awaited rollercoaster should be opening in spring 2023!
- The popular Hatbox Ghost character from Disneyland Resort’s Haunted Mansion attraction will be added to the Disney World attraction!
- The Splash Mountain retheme into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure should be complete by late 2024 in Frontierland at Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park.
Disney’s EPCOT Park continues to transform into the World Celebration neighborhood, which is set to be completed in late 2023. There will be beautiful lush, green space and an inspiring new area called Dreamer’s Point that will feature a statue of Walt Disney called “Walt the Dreamer”. Here are a few more new experiences coming to EPCOT:
- Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana, will open in late 2023. This attraction is an exploration trail that will allow guests to learn about the story of water on our planet, and even interact with it!
- EPCOT has always embraced the wonder of imagination, and soon guests will get to meet Imagination’s favorite mascot- Figment! Figment will be holding character meet-and-greets!
- EPCOT also has a brand new nighttime show currently in the works! The show is in the development stage and should debut late next year.
There are so many new experiences and attractions coming to Walt Disney World Resort! What are you looking forward to most? As always, we at Disney Addicts and Chip & Co. will keep you updated on everything new coming to Disney!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- 5 Hidden Gem Restaurants at Disney World You Don’t Want to Miss - September 21, 2022
- Exciting New Experiences Coming to Walt Disney World - September 19, 2022
- Should the Haunted Mansion Holiday Overlay be added at Walt Disney World? - September 11, 2022