Disney’s Animal Kingdom is more than “just a big zoo” or “only a half-day park”. Don’t make the mistake of skipping this park or not exploring everything it has to offer. No matter which Disney Park you head to, there is always something new lurking around the corner. Animal Kingdom is no exception. Here’s a rundown of our favorite things to do for a full day at Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
There are several different areas throughout the park where you can see animals. Along the Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail, you may encounter meerkats, zebras, and of course a troop of western lowland gorillas, including a new baby!
On the Maharajah Jungle Trek, you can stroll at your own pace and come face-to-face with a Malayan flying fox, gibbons, water buffalo and of course, the Asian tiger. And don’t forget the Discovery Island Trails. Here, you can watch playful otters, red kangaroo, various birds and more as you walk along the peaceful trails around the Tree of Life.
Plus, take the time to capture all those memories that you make while in the park. There are Disney PhotoPass photographers throughout the park waiting to take your photos.
Watch Your Lion King Favorites Hit the Stage
- It seemed like forever, but “Festival of the Lion King is BACK and ready to make you dance. If it’s been a while since you’ve seen the show, stopping by to see these amazing performers sing dance and soar seems essential for a well-rounded Animal Kingdom trip!
Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond!
- If you have a Finding Nemo fan in the family, make sure to stop by “Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond!”. This new stage show is ready to stun with fantastic performers, costumes, and music. Afraid your favorite sons didn’t make the cut? The show features fan favorite songs such as “In the Big Blue World” and “Go with the Flow.” We can’t wait to check it out when we go!
Check Out the ‘Adventure Flotilla’ for Some Familiar Faces!
- Whilst walking around the park, always keep your eyes on the Discover River! Fantastic Flotillas featuring some familiar faces are sure to pass by! You may spot some park favorites such as Launchpad McQuack and Scrooge McDuck from Disney’s “DuckTales”, or Russell and Dug from Disney and Pixar’s “UP”!
Up Close and Dino-mite!
- If you make your way on over to DinoLand U.S.A, then you’ll see some familiar faces! Dressed to impress, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, and Chip ‘n’ Dale will be there waiting for you with open arms! The chipmunks will, of course, be garbed in their fantastic dino outfits. Across the river at Adventurers Outpost, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will be in their world travelers’ garb. They’ll be found in their “exploration headquarters”, ready for their photo with you!
Dine With Character(s)!
- Looking to round out your perfect Disney Day? Well, no day is complete without a meal – and why not share it with some of your favorite characters? Head to Tusker House where you can see some Disney favorites while you eat some fantastic food – just make sure you have your camera ready!
- By coming early or staying late, you can experience many of the thrilling attractions such as Avatar Flight of Passage, Expedition Everest, or Dinosaur.
Stick around for a full day so that you can be there first thing in the morning when the animals are likely to be active or into the evening so you can see the Tree of Life Awakening. If you try to just stay for a few hours, you will certainly miss some of the best parts of this park!
Come back here on Chip & Co. for the latest theme park and entertainment news updates!
Photo Credit: Disney Parks
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- Fun Facts about the Gingerbread Displays at Disney World - December 11, 2022
- Sugar Rush Needs to Replace Tomorrowland Speedway in the Magic Kingdom - December 11, 2022
- Fun Facts about the Holiday Decor at Disney World - December 10, 2022