For the first time in what feels like forever (cue the Frozen song in my head) our beloved Walt Disney World Resort is going to be reopening its theme parks! With all of the new safety measures and guidelines implemented, many of us have been left wondering how we are going to see our favorite Disney characters once Walt Disney World reopens. Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park are set to reopen on July 11, with Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios opening a few days later on July 15. Well, Disney addicts can rejoice! While in-person, up-close meet and greets will be suspended, many of our favorite characters will still be gracing us with their magical presence! Here is a guide on how to find your favorite characters once the parks reopen.
At Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park-
While parades and nighttime shows will be suspended, Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park will still have multiple characters on display during Character Cavalcades! Characters featured will include the following:
- A Goofy Cavalcade
- Mickey & Friends Cavalcade
- The Royal Princess Processional
- Fantasyland Friends Cavalcade
- Tinker Bell & the Lost Treasure
At Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park-
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park will have a new way of showcasing characters to guests called, “Character Cruises”. Character Cruises will take place on the Discovery River, which runs through the Park, and will occur at various times throughout the day. The following will all be featured on Character Cruises:
- Mickey & Friends Flotilla
- Donald’s Dino Boat Bash!
- Discovery Island Drummers
Upon reopening, Epcot will also be featuring Character Cavalcades. Some popular entertainment performers are also set to return to Epcot. Included in Epcot’s Character Cavalcades will be:
- A Frozen Promenade
- A Princess Promenade
- Mickey & friends World Tour
The following entertainment groups will be performing for guests at Epcot:
- Mariachi Cobre
At Disney’s Hollywood Studios Park-
Joining The magic Kingdom and Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will also be featuring Character Cavalcades. The Character Cavalcades will take place throughout the day and run down Hollywood Boulevard. Characters set to appear are:
- Pixar Motorcade
- Disney Jr. Stars Motorcade
- Mickey & Friends Motorcade
Character Dining Experiences-
There will be two character dining experience options available during the first reopening phase. One experience will be inside a Disney park, and one is located inside a Disney Resort Hotel. Here are the first two character dining experiences that will be available:
- Breakfast a la art with Mickey and Friends at Topolino’s inside of Disney’s Riviera Resort. This breakfast features Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Daisy. The characters will safely make their way around the restaurant and be available for socially distant photo opportunities.
- Chip n’ Dale’s Harvest Feast at Garden Grill, located inside The Land Pavilion in Epcot. Chip, Dale, Mickey, and Pluto will all be on hand creating magic for guests dining here! Socially distanced photo opportunities will also be available.
While the character experience at Walt Disney World will be slightly different than what we are used to, it can still be magical!
- Should Disney Allow Mask-Free Photos at the Parks? - February 24, 2021
- Disney Needs to Build These Restaurants at the Theme Parks - February 22, 2021
- Visit These Places to Learn About the Incredible History of Walt Disney - February 17, 2021