Fun Facts About Holidays at the Disneyland Resort 2022
The holiday season has returned to the Disneyland Resort now through January 8, 2023. The holidays at the Disneyland Resort offer heartwarming entertainment like “World of Color – Season of Light,” treats like a scrumptious peppermint churro and merry attractions like “it’s a small world” Holiday, which celebrates its 25th anniversary this year. This magical season brings sparkling décor, seasonal attractions, festive foods and holiday-themed merchandise for guests of all ages. Here are some fun facts about the holidays at the Disneyland Resort!
- Guests entering Disney California Adventure Park will see a 50-foot-tall Christmas tree with vintage-style ornaments, keeping with the theme of Buena Vista Street – which is inspired by Los Angeles as it appeared when Walt Disney arrived in the 1920s.
- The delicious and diverse menu for this year’s Disney Festival of Holidays features more than 50 food and beverages. Highlights include the Santa’s Milk and Cookies hot cocoa, turkey poutine and chocolate bourbon-flavored tart.
- At the entrance of Cars Land in Disney California Adventure, the whimsical “Snowcar” greets guests on the road to Radiator Springs, and each “Cars” character gets a holiday makeover at their Route 66 address to reflect their personality.
- Five barges ignite in a brilliant lighting effect to create the grand finale for “World of Color – Season of Light,” filling the lagoon with a magical glow that lights up the night. Plus, more than 800 individual light fixtures illuminate the show.
- Mickey Mouse and friends are rockin’ around the 60-foot tall Christmas tree on Main Street, U.S.A., in Disneyland Park, which is embellished with nearly 1,800 Victorian-inspired ornaments and 100 oversized faux candles.
- Originally debuted in 1995, “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade is the longest-running holiday parade in Disneyland Resort history. It features seven units comprised of 16 floats, including two stand-alone Christmas trees and a “Humdinger” wind-up toy car.
- Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle is illuminated each evening with more than 25,000 twinkling LED lights on sparkling “icicles” and shimmering snow-capped turrets.
- The Plaza Point holiday shop on the corner of Main Street, U.S.A., envelops guests in the warmth of the holidays year-round. The shop’s story focuses on proprietress Miss Evelyn Toro, a world traveler that enjoys collecting unique pieces of holiday décor to display in her store.
- This year, Downtown Disney District features 25 seasonal foods and beverages, such as the peppermint ganache macarons from Kayla’s Cake, tikka masala pizza from Naples Ristorante e Bar and mistletoe mule from Catal Restaurant and Uva Bar & Café.
- Disney’s support for the U.S. Marine Corps Reserves’ Toys for Tots program dates back to Walt Disney, who personally supervised the creation of the Toys for Tots logo and was a founding sponsor when the program began in 1947. Today, the Disneyland Resort is proud to continue supporting this tradition. Guests and cast members can join in the Disney Ultimate Toy Drive supporting Toys for Tots by donating a new, unwrapped toy at collection bins located at select shops in the Downtown Disney District or the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort through Dec. 12, or by purchasing a toy to donate online at shopDisney.com through Dec. 24.
- An annual highlight at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa is the 7-foot-tall, 12-foot-wide gingerbread replica of the hotel, which is displayed in the lobby. This year’s creation is made from 600 pounds of powdered sugar, 250 pounds of fondant and one pound of “pixie dust.” Plus, it features 25 hidden Mickeys. After the season concludes, the gingerbread is recycled as part of the resort’s food scraps recovery program.
- More than 25,000 poinsettia, cyclamen and flowering plants are placed and planted around the resort, adding color, theming and seasonal magic.
Have you ever experienced the holidays at the Disneyland Resort?
If you’d like to celebrate the holidays at the Disneyland Resort, contact me today! I am a travel agent with Destinations to Travel, my services are free, and I’d love to help you plan a magical vacation!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- Celebrate Walt Disney’s Birthday with these Fun Facts - December 5, 2022
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort Shifts Pirate Rooms to Little Mermaid Rooms - December 1, 2022
- Guide to Disney Cruise Line’s Disney Dream - December 1, 2022