Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, is opening in less than a month in Disneyland, California! This is one of the most highly anticipated land openings in Disney’s history! Are you ready to live out your very own Star Wars adventure?
To help you plan ahead and prepare for your visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland, here are eight tips you need to know before you get to Batuu, opening May 31, 2019. Also, make sure to read my article on all things coming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- Reservations are required to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge between May 31 and June 23, 2019. You will need a theme park ticket and a reservation to enter the new land at Disneyland during this time period. At this time, reservations are no longer available.
- Reservations to are still available if you stay at a Disneyland Resort hotel between May 31 and June 23. If you book a stay at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels between May 31 and June 23, you will receive a reservation to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during your stay (one reservation per registered guest; valid theme park admission required). You will be notified your reservation date and time with your registration confirmation. If you cancel your hotel reservation, the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge reservation will also be canceled.
- After June 23rd you will no longer need a reservation to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Disneyland will monitor demand and if necessary they will utilize a virtual queuing system to visit the new land. The Disneyland app will have a dedicated module called Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Status and Access available from the main page, on which you can request to join a boarding group to visit the land, once you have entered the park. Boarding groups will be sent a push notification when it is your turn to enter the land and you can monitor status of boarding groups from the app. There will also be the ability to join a boarding group from select locations inside Disneyland Park, if you are not using the app. The boarding group is tied to admission media that will be scanned upon entry into the land. Signage throughout the park will also display boarding group status. Admission into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be subject to capacity, and having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the land.
- No standby line will be available to enter Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge between May 31 and June 23. Only guests with reservations will be able to access the land during this time. Please don’t expect to show up without a reservation and get in.
- The current Disneyland costume policy will be in effect. If you are 14 years of age or older you CANNOT wear a costume. You can do Disney bounding. This is where you dress in outfits inspired by your favorite characters, for example, pants and a shirt in the same color scheme as BB8.
- There will be fun (and necessary) new features inside the line at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. When you are in the queue at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run you can buy snacks, get a pass to go to the restroom, enjoy cast interactions, and also engage with an in-queue game while using the Play Disney Parks mobile app (see more on this in #8) to make wait times fun, interactive and hopefully go a little bit faster.
- Download the Disneyland mobile app to plan ahead. You can check the wait time for Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance won’t be open yet). You can also see the best routes to enter the land, locate characters and use the mobile ordering feature at select dining locations when you are in the new land.
- Interact with Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge by downloading the Play Disney Parks mobile app. The Play Disney Parks app is a fun additional way you can interact with the land. Within the app, you will be able to interact with droids, translate Aurebesh, scan cargo crates and other containers to collect virtual items, and more.
If you are one of the lucky ones who get to be the first guests to explore Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, I’m only slightly jealous! But seriously, remember these 8 tips and most of all remember to have fun!
Let’s book your magical vacation today! As an agent with Key to the World Travel, I can help you with everything from Disney Destinations, a cruise, a beach getaway or even a trip to Europe. Contact me today for your free, no-obligation quote at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow me on Facebook to hear about the latest Disney updates and travel tips! Or, you can fill out and submit the form below. I look forward to helping you plan the most magical vacation for you and your family.
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019
- 10 Commonly Asked Questions About Booking A Walt Disney World Vacation - June 16, 2019
- New Attractions coming to Walt Disney World - June 14, 2019