Get ready to cruise the scenic Rivers of America aboard the Liberty Belle riverboat at Magic Kingdom park!
We are so glad we can embark on a relaxing half-mile journey again and enjoy the beautiful views of Frontierland and Liberty Square after the river was closed for months due to refurbishment.
The main focus for this closure was to work on the underwater track, but Cast Members took advantage of the water being drainer to enhance some areas like updating rockwork, landscaping and adding fresh paint to the surrounding areas.
While cast members were busy draining the River of the Americas, the Liberty Belle riverboat was sent to the back of Magic Kingdom park in order to make room to work on the underwater track. Last night, the boat made its way back sailing through Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon, crossing in front of Magic Kingdom, something that is so rare to see.
The boat was then towed by hand through a narrow channel before underwater divers reconnected her to the newly refurbished track.
This morning guests were surprised with the Liberty Belle sailing down the Rivers of America again!
This charming 17 minute trip will show you a rarely seen side of Magic Kingdom Park. Some of the sights you will encounter include:
- An early American settlement
- An idyllic Native American village
- Harper’s Mill
- Fort Longhorn
- Wilson’s Cave Inn
- Woodland animals
- Unique views of Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain and The Haunted Mansion
So next time you visit Magic Kingdom, make sure to take time to enjoy a relaxing ride on the Liberty Belle.
Credit: Disney Parks
- Disney+ Celebrates Women’s History Month By Showcasing Strong And Empowered Women - March 5, 2021
- New Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Merchandise Is In Full Bloom! - March 4, 2021
- Six Story Tall Center Platform Installed For Harmonious In Epcot - February 28, 2021