Well howdy partner! If hunger strikes during your day at Disney World’s Magic Kingdom park, mosey on over to Liberty Square to check out the new Diamond Horseshoe menu. Now, this rootin’ tootin’ new menu won’t be available until May 23rd, so while we’re counting down the days to some delicious fixin’s here are the Top 5 new menu items I can’t wait to try!
5. Mixed Green Salad – I always like knowing I have a lighter option at a meal, especially for lunch. I mean, I don’t want to go zipping through Big Thunder Mountain after indulging in a huge meal! The Mixed Green Salad comes with cucumber, tomato, onion, and honey shallot vinaigrette. It can also be topped with your choice of meat!
4. Carved Beef Brisket Platter – So this would pull my husband right in! This finger-lickin’ Carved Beef Brisket Platter comes with your choice of two sides and cornbread! There is also a Smoked BBQ Pulled Pork Platter, a Grilled Chicken Thighs Platter, and even a Vegetable Platter!
3. BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich – Because any sandwich that comes topped with Mac and Cheese (yes, you read that right – it comes topped with Mac and Cheese!) is one I want to try. The BBQ pulled pork is topped Mac and Cheese and crispy onions served on a brioche bun. You can even skip the bun and just get the Mac and Cheese with bbq pulled pork, crispy onions, and green onions!
2. Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Bread – The sides on this menu look lip-smackingly good! I can’t wait to try this spicy sounded cornbread, served with honey chipotle butter! The Corn Fritters with paprika, lime, and cilantro and the Watermelon Salad are also high on my list of must-try items!
1. Buttermilk Chocolate Cake – What can I say?! I’m a dessert gal for sure! And the Buttermilk Chocolate Cake with a bourbon glaze is tempting me from hundreds of miles away! Let’s be real though, I also wouldn’t say no to the Peaches and Cream Cheesecake with streusel topping or the classic Blueberry Cobbler with lemon and mint cream and oat topping!
Now, if you’ve spent a hard day wrestlin’ with the herd (or maybe tackling all the Mountains at Magic Kingdom!) you just may want to skip the A la Carte menu and go straight for the All-You-Care-To-Enjoy appetizer, entrée, and dessert platters! The appetizer platter comes with Mixed Green Salad, Watermelon, Cucumber, and Tomato Salad, Potato Salad, and Jalapeno Cornbread. On the entrée platter you’ll find Carved Beef Brisket, Smoked BBQ Pork, and Grilled Chicken Thighs served with Mac and Cheese (whew – glad that made in on there because that’s a must for me!), Corn on the Cobb, Creamy Coleslaw, and BBQ Baked Beans. And then you can end your meal with the dessert platter, featuring all three of the A la Carte menu desserts!
And like the other Magic Kingdom Table Service restaurants, cowpokes over the age of 21 can pair their favorite food with a cold beer or a nice glass of wine!
The Diamond Horseshoe is open daily for lunch and dinner from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. Make sure you grab your Advanced Dining Reservations today for May 23rd (and beyond) so you can try this new menu for yourself!
Thinking about a visit to Disney World? Click on the link above or fill out the form below to receive your FREE no-obligation quote from MickeyTravels!
Photo Credit: Disney