As we inch ever closer to the start of the Summer season, it means an incredible array of new tasty offerings at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts. If you’re lucky enough to be heading to the parks this May, be sure to seek out some of the new treats on offer. You’ll be thanking us later. To give you a taste, here are 6 of our favorite must-try sweet treats.
1. Belle Cupcake – Sunshine Seasons – Epcot- The perfect indulgence for Beauty and The Beast Lovers, this delightful snack is made up of a chocolate cupcake, cherry filling and a dress made of lemon buttercream fondant.
2. Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater Apples – Trolley Treats – Disney California Adventure Park – These incredible confections will definitely leave you saying “KA-CHOW!” These Granny Smith apples are first dipped in caramel and chocolate and then decorated with marshmallow wheels, candy-coated chocolates, chewy chocolate candy and sour belts. They are just two of the incredible treats you’ll find as part of Disneyland’s Pixar Fest celebrations. To see more check out this article.
3. Purple Wall Slush – Tomorrowland Terrace – Magic Kingdom – With much fanfare, Disney World recently unveiled a new Instagram-worthy wall in Tomorrowland. To mark the occasion, they’ve also come up with a beautiful frozen treat that serves as the perfect selfie accessory! Starting on May 21st, The PURPLE WALL SLUSH will be on offer at Tomorrowland Terrace. This refreshing drink will be made up of taro tea, tapioca boba pearls, whipped cream, purple sprinkles and matches the wall perfectly!
4. Millennial Pink Macaron – Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe (Disneyland), Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe (California Adventure) or Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream (California Adventure)- Riding the Millennial Pink trend, Disney has created this gorgeous macaron which we think makes the perfect afternoon snack. It’s made up of a strawberry buttercream macaron dipped in white chocolate and filled with coconut lime jelly. Yummy!
5. Pineapple Swirl Cupcake – Disney’s All-Star Music Resort – All Star Music has long been one of our favorite places to stay at Disney World and now we have even more reasons to love it! They’ve whipped up the perfect treat for Dole Whip lovers. The Pineapple Swirl Cupcake is made up of a yellow cake base, a swirl of vanilla and pineapple cream, white sprinkles, gold dust and a drop of pineapple whip gel!
6. Birthday Cake Ice Cream – Plaza Ice Cream Parlor – Magic Kingdom – For those celebrating a birthday (or an unbirthday) be sure to head over to Magic Kingdom’s Plaza Ice Cream Parlor to sample their flavor of the month! You’ll love this colorful and tasty Birthday Cake ice cream. Order it in a cone, as part of a sundae or wedged between two warm cookies. Any way you choose it will be delicious.
These are just some of the sweet treats you’ll find on both coasts in the lead-in to Summer. Keep following along with Disney Addicts for even more delicious goodies!
Have a Disney-related question? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we may even feature your question in one of our upcoming articles!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- 13 Seasonal Shots You’ll Want to Be Sure to Capture During Your Halloween Disneyland Visit - September 26, 2018
- Its Discount Day! Disney Releases Play, Stay and Dine and Room Discount Offer for Early 2019 - September 26, 2018
- Fall-Flavored Treats You Have to Try at Downtown Disney in Disneyland Resort - September 25, 2018