Epcots International Food and wine Festival may be winding down but there are still 12 days left to enjoy al it has to offer. If you’re visiting with kids, there’s even MORE to love. Often billed as an adult even, the Food and Wine Festival has much for kids to love! We visited this year with our 3 year old and had a fantastic time! Let’s take a look at some of the awesome things the festival has to offer kids this year.
- Festival Play Zone: This was a definite favorite in our family this year, this fun area is inspired by “Ralph Breaks the Internet” We grabbed some food from the nearby Coastal Eats and Flavors From Fire booths and sat and enjoyed while our son burned off some of that famous toddler energy in the play area.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak Scavenger Hunt: If your kid is anything like mine, Remy is a favorite character. We seriously watch Ratatouille at least once a week in our house. When my toddler spotted his first Remy, the hunt was on. He really enjoyed finding them all. A few are pretty weak hidden and need some input from mom or dad but for the most part, finding Remy hiding around the World Showcase makes for excellent activity for the budding chefs in your group.
- Kid-approved Dining: Be on the lookout for the strawberry symbol on the Global Marketplace menus that will lead you to dishes designed with kids in mind! The mac and cheese from Farm Fresh was a hit!
- Disney Du Jour Dance Party: on the weekend the whole family can get involved with a dance party that brings a fun, lighthearted and interactive atmosphere featuring a DJ they can dance to a DJ and a rotating cast of Disney Characters. To make it even better, a special guest from Radio Disney will top off the party with an exclusive concert! This event is guaranteed to be a hit with the tween crowd.
- Chocolate Experience: We saved the best for last! Who doesn’t love chocolate Surround yourself in the delectable sights, smells and flavors of chocolate! The chocolate sculptures created Walt Disney World Resort pastry chefs were an absolute hit! My toddler couldn’t believe they were made of chocolate and my husband and I were amazed! Discover the process chocolate must undergo to get from the bean to the bar.
- Themed Character Meet and Greets: Throughout Epcot you’ll find meet and greets with your favorite Disney Characters–with an extra special twist. Many characters are dressed in their culinary finest ready to take to the kitchen. My son is still talking about all of the “chefs” he got to meet!
Don’t shy away from this fantastic Festival just because you have kids in tow. This event is fun for the whole family. If you’re headed to the some of the festivals last days be sure to let us know in the comments what you’re looking forward to the most!
Latest posts by Jill Bivins (see all)
- Yesteryear: A Look at Our Top 5 Extinct Disney World Rides - January 14, 2019
- New Celebrations and Events Coming to Disneyland in 2019 - January 13, 2019
- Can I Still Work Out While at Disney World? - January 11, 2019