Walt Disney World Resort has resumed operations and reopened all 4 of its theme parks. However, operations aren’t exactly back to “normal”. The parks are all closing early and some experiences and attractions are limited. Luckily, these new rules and guidelines don’t mean families can’t still have a magical experience! I visited Walt Disney World Resort just a few weeks ago, and can definitely say the pixie dust was still there! There are still lots of options to keep busy, even with parks closing early. Here are my suggestions for fun things to do!
1. Visit Disney Springs- Disney Springs is home to some of the best dining and shopping in all of the Orlando area! With 104 stores pavilions and pop-ups and 63 dining and lounge options, there is something for everyone at Disney Springs! You do not need a ticket, or reservation to visit Disney Springs. Have a fun family bowling game at Splitsville Luxury Lanes, catch a movie at AMC Theater, or if you’re looking for something more thrilling, take a ride on Aerophile- the world’s largest hand-painted helium balloon!
2. Make a Dining Reservation at a Disney Resort Hotel- There are so many wonderful dining options throughout Walt Disney World resort, and many of the best restaurants are found within Disney resort hotels. This is a great way to visit another Disney Resort during your visit, as resort hopping without reservations is not currently recommended due to COVID restrictions.
3. Explore your resort- The Walt Disney World Resort Hotels are amazing in their own right and so much fun to explore! Some of them have beautiful outdoor grounds to walk as well as shops and lounges. I loved exploring Animal Kingdom Lodge on my last visit and really took advantage of the lounge that was open for drinks and appetizers until 11 pm.
Relax by your resort pool- A great way to unwind after a long, hot day exploring the parks is to pull up a lounge chair and relax by your resort pool. Some of the best memories I’ve made with my family on trips to Walt Disney World have been hanging out in the pool. No matter what Disney Resort you’re staying at, you are sure to have a beautiful and meticulously maintained pool on property.
Take a trip to the nearby Orlando International Premium Outlets- If you or anyone in your traveling party loves to shop, you’ll want to make sure to visit the Orlando International Premium Outlets, just a few miles away. This collection of outlets is home to everything from Disney’s Character Warehouse to stores like COACH and Nike. There are so many shops to explore.
Relax in your room with a Disney movie- It’s never a bad time to throw on some pajamas and cuddle up with a good Disney movie! Sometimes, hitting the parks can be exhausting, and lounging around the room is the only thing you want to do- or have the energy for!
Just because parks may not be open as late as normal does not mean you won’t have plenty of fun options to explore!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- 5 Changes we Hope we Hope to See Right Away Now That Disney Leadership has Changed - November 23, 2022
- These 5 Disney Resorts Really Get into the Holiday Spirit! - November 7, 2022
- Spending the Holidays at Disney World- You Won’t Want to Miss These Experiences and Activities! - November 2, 2022