What is Disney World’s Express Transportation? Created late last year, this new form of Disney transportation has all you Park Hoppers in mind. The service is designed to shuttle guests to and from the four theme parks more efficiently by allowing visitors to leave and arrive at backstage areas located within the parks. This drastically cuts down on the time you’d spend leaving out the front gates and then having to wait in the much longer theme park to theme park bus queues.
What are the pick-up and drop-off locations? The locations as of now are as follows:
- The Magic Kingdom – near the Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin exit area
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – near to Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster Courtyard
- Epcot – east of Spaceship Earth
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom – near the entrance to Kilimanjaro Safaris
Do I have to go through security at each park? No. As Cast Members are essentially ushering you door to door and you are entering through a backstage area, they aren’t any additional security checks that you would need to go through.
What is the cost of Disney’s Express Transportation Service?
Express transportation is only available to guests holding valid theme park admission with the Park Hopper Option and to Walt Disney World Annual Passholders.
- A single day ticket is $19 per person and is valid on the date of purchase only
- A multiday ticket is $29 and is valid for up to 7 consecutive days beginning on the date of purchases.
What is included in the cost of a Disney’s Express Transporation Service?
Ticket holders are entitled to the following benefits.
- Check-in location inside the theme parks
- Unlimited transportation every 30 minutes to all four theme parks
- Quick re-entry to the parks – no need to go through the main entrance
- Available from 10AM until parks close.
Where can I Buy Express Transportation Tickets?
- All 4 theme park ticket windows and Guest Relations
- Disney Springs ticket window
- Disney Resort hotel concierge locations
- Walt Disney World Swan Hotel and Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel ticket desks
- Kiosks at Express Transportation check-in location
Are there any downsides to going with the Express Transportation Option? Yes. There is a big one that has had many recent visitors up in arms. Reportedly Disney stops operating the service in inclement weather. This means if you buy your ticket in the morning, but its raining for the rest of the day you may be out of luck when it comes to using the service.
But they give you a refund right? No. The policy seems to be similar to dessert parties. You buy the ticket at your own risk. If the service is shut down due to weather, there is really nothing that Disney can do. Our advice? Be sure to have a look at the weekly weather report before making the leap. If bad weather is predicted during you theme park day or during the length of your stay -you may want to give it a miss.
So is it a good value for money? I would only recommend this service for those that want to visit 2 or 3 parks in one day without nipping to the resorts in between. For the rest of us, Disney’s transportation service whether its boat, bus or monorail will continue shuttling guests around Walt Disney World resort for FREE .
Planning a trip to Walt Disney World? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019