With wonderous wildlife and picturesque landscapes, America’s Last Frontier is a popular vacation destination for many. This summer the Disney Wonder is returning to Alaska for another spectacular summer season with adventurous excursions and historic ports of call. Let’s set sail as we discover why it’s time to add an Alaskan cruise aboard Disney Cruise line to your summer vacation line up.
Historic Ports of Call –
Your Alaskan cruise will take you to ports of call full of history, beauty, and adventure. Walk in the steps of gold prospectors, marvel at magnificent glaciers and see majestic animals. Some of the exciting ports you will experience include:
- Vancouver (British Columbia), Canada – This is the starting and ending point for your Alaskan cruise. Before your cruise, you can experience British Columbia’s largest city. Do a little shopping or enjoy some of the local restaurants in this cosmopolitan city that were the host of the 2010 Winter Olympics.
- Dawes Glacier, Alaska – Enjoy the fresh air and take in the serene wilderness as you view the Dawes Glacier. This wonderous glacier is over 600 feet tall and a mile wide. Get your binoculars and watch for the glacier calving into the sea. Keep your eyes open for bald eagles and whales as you pass through awe-inspiring mountains and cruise through the picturesque Endicott Arm fjord.
- Skagway, Alaska – Referred to as the “Gateway to the Klondike” during the gold rush of the 1880s, Skagway is a town full of history. Ride the White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad, do some shopping on main street, tour the Klondike Gold Rush National Historic Park or visit Jewell Gardens. There are so many amazing adventures to enjoy on your day at Skagway!
- Juneau, Alaska – Experience Alaska’s state capital with a stop in Juneau. Ride on the Mount Roberts Tramway to get a spectacular view 2,000 feet above the city. Visit the Mendenhall Glacier or Glacier Gardens for a peek at the natural beauty of Alaska. Pass through the swinging saloon doors and wet your whistle at the historic Red Dog Saloon which was built during Juneau’s mining era.
- Ketchikan, Alaska – Home to the largest collection of 19th-century totem poles in the world, Ketchikan is where rich native Alaskan traditions and wondrous natural beauty abounds. Visit the Totem Heritage Center and gaze upon the Tlingit and Haida village totem poles. As the “Salmon Capital of the World” Ketchikan certainly has no shortage of salmon, and a visit the Deer Mountain Tribal Hatchery and Eagle Center will ensure you see plenty of salmon as well as exhibits on native fishing.
When cruising to Alaska your home will be aboard the elegant Disney Wonder. The Disney Wonder is home to delicious dining options, pools, recreation, and so much more. There are several categories of staterooms that can fit your family size and budget. You can choose from Concierge rooms which are some of the largest and most opulent, Verandah staterooms that include a private balcony to enjoy those amazing views of Alaska, Oceanview staterooms with large portholes and comfortable Interior staterooms. Staterooms on the Disney Wonder are large and feature the split bath so multiple family members can get ready quicker, getting you to the fun of your vacation faster.
Each night dazzling shows that could rival Broadway delight the crowd with live productions such as Disney Dreams – An Enchanted Classic, Frozen, A Musical Spectacular, and The Golden Mickeys. Frozen fans will delight in the Frozen Deck Party, where Princess Anna, Queen Elsa, and Kristoff get the party started with singing, dancing, and some frozen ice magic.
Get your autograph books ready and snap a memorable photo as you meet some of your favorite Disney Characters at meet and greets throughout the cruise. Relax and unwind at Goofy’s pool or explore the AquaLab for some water playground fun. After some fun at the pool take a break and enjoy the latest first-run movies at the Buena Vista Theatre. The younger ones in the group can enjoy the youth clubs including Disney’s Oceaneer Club (where kids can train in the Marvel Super Hero Academy) and Disney’s Oceaneer Lab while the tweens and teenagers can enjoy their own space at Edge or Vibe. While the kids are enjoying themselves, the adults can enjoy the adult only areas on the Disney Wonder including a spa day at Senses Spa & Salon, the Quiet Cove Pool or have a cocktail at the Cadillac Lounge.
Feed your hunger at several delectable dining options while cruising on the Disney Wonder. For casual dining, you can try the ever-popular Cabanas, grab a quick bite at Daisy’s de-Lites or try Pinocchio’s Pizza. For main dining you will enjoy rotational dining (where your dining room attendants rotate with you each night) through Animator’s Palate, go under the sea at Triton’s and enjoy the charm of the Big Easy at Tiana’s Place. For a date night, adults can enjoy a delicious Italian inspired dish at Palo.
A Disney Cruise Line vacation is perfect for all members of the family. With Disney’s storytelling and world-renowned customer service, all set to the awe-inspiring backdrop of majestic Alaska, a summer vacation to Alaska is a must do vacation destination! Need a little more convincing? Check out the video below from the Disney Parks Blog for just a glimpse of all there is to discover!
Photo/Video Source: Disney Parks Blog
Are you ready to book your Alaskan Disney Cruise Line Vacation? As a travel planner with Key to the World Travel. I can help you with Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Cruises, Adventures by Disney, and so much more! My services are always FREE, so let’s get you booked! For a free, no obligation quote contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can complete and submit the form below.
As a travel planner with Key to the World Travel, I get to help families plan their own magical vacations every single day! It's a dream come true! I have a wonderful husband who supports my dream and a spunky daughter who always keeps me on my toes! If I am not planning amazing adventures, I am usually baking or reading a good book.
Latest posts by Renee Burton (see all)
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Returns this Fall with New Spooky Family Fun - June 18, 2019
- What’s Included in Your Adventures by Disney Vacation? - June 12, 2019
- Summer Nights Come Alive at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park - June 5, 2019