We all want to look our best in our Disney photos, however, we are battling the Florida humidity, the constant chance of rain, the heat, and now even our face coverings. Sometimes, it’s definitely a struggle to not look like a frizzy hot mess while exploring the parks. Well, I happen to be a master hairstylist and former platform artist as well as a Disney blogger, and I have some helpful tips for you! There are multiple products that can help you look and feel your best in all of your Disney pictures, and you don’t have to be pro to purchase them! Let’s go over some of my favorite tried and true products to combat the Florida heat and humidity.
My Favorite Products-
As a licensed professional, I’m here to tell you not all products are created equal and you should be prepared to get the results you pay for. When using an in-salon purchased professional product, your product will be more concentrated, which will generally allow you to use less of it. Here are my top frizz and humidity defeating styling products.
1. Olaplex #6 Bond Smoother- I absolutely love every product in the Olaplex line and #6 Bond Smoother is probably the absolute best product I’ve ever used to combat humidity. I have a full, long head of extremely thick hair and I have to use abut a dime-size amount- so it is absolutely worth the price! You can find this product sold in salons, as well as Sephora. Use this product on towel-dried hair, starting at the ends and working your way up, blow dry for best results. you will love the silky feel and the smell of this creamy product!
2. Redken Braid Aid 03- One of my favorite looks for Disney is braiding. I usually do two braids, as I like how they look paired with my favorite Minnie Ears, and to achieve this, I love to use Redken’s Braid Aid 03. This product helps combat fly aways within the braids and provides a really nice base. I use a small amount on damp hair, emulsify, and apply right before I begin braiding. This product can be found wherever Redken products are sold.
3. Moroccan Oil Frizz Control- I love pretty much everything made by Moroccan Oil, and the smell of the products alone is enough to make you fall in love with them, but they also work very well with hair prone to frizz and static. This product wraps around every strand of hair to provide superior protection from humidity and static. Spray on damp hair before blow-drying, or, if you are not blow-drying, just spray and work into damp, towel-dried hair.
4. Oribe Impermeable Anti-Humidity Spray- Again, I absolutely love ALL things Oribe. It is an absolutely wonderful line of products. As far as anti-humidity sprays go, this one is the best I’ve tried. It kills frizz and humidity, while also extremely lightweight. This product should be used as a finishing spray when you are finished with your hairstyle. Oribe is a luxury product, but works very well and uses very high-quality ingredients. You can find Oribe products at select high-end salons.
5. Kerastase Discipline Shampoo- Great hair definitely starts with the right shampoo and conditioner. Get the ball rolling with your smoothness and control while still in the shower with this amazing shampoo. Yes, this means you’ll likely want to forgo the beloved Disney H20 Brand of hair care products found in Disney resort hotels. This shampoo and the full line of Kerastase products can be found at select salons as well as Sephora.
While these products will certainly help to tame your mane, you will also want to take the time to blow out your hair if you are going to be wearing it down. The dryer you get it, the more frizz resistant it will be. If I am going to be wearing my signature “messy bun” or double braids, I do not completely dry my hair, and actually have an easier time braiding my hair if it is left damp (and using Braid Aid 03). While the products listed above are my personal favorites, please ask your stylist what he/she feels would work best for your specific hair. Your stylist knows your hair and can easily recommend the right product for you! I hope these pro tips come in handy on your next visit to the most magical place on Earth!
- Reasons We Love EPCOT’s Mexico Pavilion - September 16, 2020
- The Holidays Will Start November 6 at Walt Disney World Resort - September 14, 2020
- Does Wakanda Belong in the Walt Disney World Theme Parks? - September 9, 2020