Is Memory Maker at Walt Disney World worth it? When I am asked this question, my short answer is….absolutely!!!!
There are many reasons why I love Memory Maker and why I have never gone to Walt Disney World without it being a part of my vacation package. Let’s start with what is it and then I will delve into the many reasons why I love it!
Memory Maker is the pre-purchase of all photos taken at Walt Disney World during your vacation by Disney PhotoPass photographers. With this purchase, you have the rights to print off these photos or share them with others. You can download and save them or purchase an archive disc as well for an additional cost after travel. You can also create many different photo gifts such as mugs, photo books. Etc. Currently, the cost of Memory Maker is $169 if purchased at least 30 days prior to your check-in date at Walt Disney World Resort. The cost goes up to $199 after that. There is no limit to how many pictures you can have taken while on vacation. I have often come home with several hundred. You will recognize the PhotoPass Photographers by their brown uniforms and cameras! They are all over Walt Disney World, at each of the four theme parks and at Disney Springs as well in the Disney PhotoPass Studio.
What do I love about Memory Maker? Everything!
- Everyone can get in the photos! You don’t have to worry about having someone take the pictures and miss out on being in them! If you are anything like me, I want to capture all of those memories but also want to be included too. With Memory Maker, I can be.
- If you are traveling with a large party, such as a multi-generational family, you can share it if you are linked on My Disney Experience. You do not have to be together every minute of the day to utilize Memory Maker. Maybe you want some pictures of the whole group, different parts of the family, just the kids or the parents, etc. No problem! Simply make sure that everyone in the travel party is linked to the lead guest who purchased Memory Maker, stop to get your picture taken and get your Magic Band or PhotoPass card scanned. Those pictures will all be available to download.
- There are so many opportunities to utilize Memory Maker. You will find Disney PhotoPass Photographers everywhere! For example, there are many photographers along Main Street U.S.A. to capture you and your family in front of the iconic Cinderella Castle. I always stop at least twice to grab a few different shots! The same is true in all of the parks. Then, there are two PhotoPass Studios where you can grab some professional quality photos as well – one at Disney Springs and one in Castle Couture in the Magic Kingdom. There are also PhotoPass photographers at many of the character meet and greets, ready to capture that magical first meeting with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse or posing with your favorite princess. Let’s not forget the character meals either! While photographers are not available at all character meals, there are several opportunities to get your pictures taken at different restaurants including Cinderella’s Royal Table, Chef Mickey’s, Storybook Dining at Artist Point and more!
- There are extras included with the purchase of Memory Maker. Did you know that there are PhotoPass photos available on several rides throughout Walt Disney World? Not only do you get these photos when you purchase Memory Maker, but you also get some extra magic. Videos and animation are added as another way to help you capture all of those vacation memories. Then, there are these amazing things called Magic Shots! Magic Shots are added by Disney PhotoPass and include some of your favorite Disney characters. The photographers will pose you appropriately and when you see the picture in your My Disney Experience app, the extra magic will be added! Be sure to ask your PhotoPass photographer if he or she has Magic Shots because there are many different options available at each of the parks! You can also look here to check out some of the Magic Shots that may be available in the parks!
- Finally, are you planning to do anything to make your vacation more memorable for your little ones? If you are planning a visit to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Harmony Barber Shop or Pirates League, there are PhotoPass photographers available to take pictures of the whole experience. If you have Memory Maker, you can see the whole thing unfold including the big reveal! There are also often PhotoPass photographers available at some of the dessert parties at the different parks and walking along the parade routes. They will often have props to help document those special moments.
These are just a few reasons why I love Memory Maker and feel that it is worth every penny! If you purchase anything extra for your vacation, I definitely recommend this! You are able to purchase PhotoPass photos individually. However, you will pay $16.95 per photo to download so if you find ten pictures that you want, you have already paid the cost of Memory Maker. As I mentioned previously, I ALWAYS come home with several hundred photos so it is easy to get your money’s worth!
Ready to capture your own memories at one of the Disney Destinations? Let’s get started creating some magic and planning your next vacation! As an agent with Key to the World Travel, the official travel partner of Disney Addicts and Chip and Co., I can help you plan your trip to any Disney Destination and beyond! Contact me today at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the quote request form below. Follow me on Facebook and Instagram too for all the latest news and planning tips.
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019