Happy Cinco de Mayo Disney friends! To celebrate the 5th of May we here at Disney Addicts though we’d share some of our favorite things about one of our favorite places in all of Epcot – The Mexican Pavilion. It’s Cinco de Mayo all year round at this festive stop at the World Showcase where you’ll find an impressive array of souvenirs, great food, fantastic entertainment, folk art, a scavenger hunt and even a much-loved Disney character. Here are five of our favorite things to give you just a taste of the fun that awaits.
1. El Pato Donald – (pictured) at the base of the beautiful Aztec pyramid that serves as the landmark of Mexico’s pavilion you’ll find Donald fresh off his concert tour with the Three Caballeros. He’s definitely in the festive spirit with his colorful sombrero making for the perfect photo opportunity. You’ll usually find him out between 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm with the occasional break in between. Be sure to stop by and say “Hola!.”
2. La Cava del Tequila – Here’s a pit stop that’s perfect for adults drinking your way around the World Showcase. Ask most Disney regulars where their favorite place to get a Margarita is and I bet this is the first place that comes to mind and rightly so. Tucked away inside the Pyramid at the Mexican Pavilion, La Cava del Tequila has over 200 tequilas, top-shelf cocktails, Mexican beer and wine and a mighty impressive array of margaritas on offer. Our favorite has to be the Avacado Margarita which features Tequila, melon liqueur, fresh avocado, agave nectar and fresh lime juice, it comes served with a hibiscus salt rim. This drink pairs perfectly with the corn chips and queso on offer so be sure to bring your appetites.
For a full look at the menu visit http://www.lacavadeltequila.com/
3. Mariachi Cobre – If you’re in the mood for a toe-tapping good time be sure to check out this mariachi band. They perform the traditional folk music of Jalisco Mexico known for its rich melodies. The 25 minute performances run throughout the day. Here’s a look at the current schedule: 11:30 am, 12:15 pm, 1:00 pm, 1:45 pm, 2:30 pm, 4:15 pm, 5:00pm.
4.San Angel Inn – Epcot – What you’ll get at San Angel Inn is pretty tasty but standard Mexican Cuisine. However, a meal here is more about the ambiance. The restaurant is located inside the Mexican Pavilion where it is always night, volcanoes erupt and the dining area sits at the base of a gorgeous pyramid. So be sure to bring those appetites but more importantly have those cameras at the ready! Dining here will set visitors back around $15 – $34.99 per adult. Reservations can be made online via My Disney Experience or by calling 407.WDW.DINE.
5. Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure – If you’ll be visiting Epcot with little ones, this modern take on the scavenger hunt is the perfect way to get kids to engage with the fun exhibits and cultural displays you’ll find at several of the countries in the World Showcase and the Mexican mission is definitely our favorite. This experience is perfect for kids and tweens who love a good mystery or just enjoy watching Disney’s Phineas & Ferb television show! Your child will receive an official “FONE” (which stands for Field Operative Notification Equipment), to follow clues that lead them through the pavilion from the amazing folk exhibits when you walk in. to some of the lesser-known shops in market. Each secret agent adventure can last up to 45 minutes. Sign-up your child for this fun quest by stopping by the Odyssey Bridge or visiting agentpwsa.com.
This is a merely taste of the Cinco de Mayo fun that awaits visitors to Epcot all year round. Be sure to stop during your next visit and check out this amazing area of the World Showcase for yourself.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019