As we celebrate May the Fourth we thought we’d take a bit of time to show upcoming visitors just how much Disneyland has to offer Star Wars fans. From incredible rides to a chance to meet some of your friends from a galaxy far, far away, Disney has it all. To give you a taste of the intergalactic fun that awaits, here are 5 of our favorite Star Wars-themed activities!
1. Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple – Young Padawans can don a robe, take to the stage and go lightsaber to lightsaber with some pretty formidable Star Wars baddies. Younglings lucky enough to sign up for one of the performances taking place throughout the day will be schooled in the ways of the force before squaring off against Kylo Ren or Darth Vader. Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple is presented at Tomorrowland Terrace adjacent to Galactic Grill. Those looking to register must be between the ages of 4 and 12 to participate. Sign-ups are done one a first-come-first-served basis as soon as the park opens each morning (including during extra Magic Hour) at a kiosk located outside next to Star Wars Launch Bay.
2. “March of the First Order” – Watch as Captain Phasma and her garrison of First Order Stormtroopers make a dramatic march through Tomorrowland. This show of force takes place several times throughout the day. Guests are advised to check the entertainment schedule when you arrive or the Disneyland app for a list of daily performance times.
3. Encounter Rey and Other Star Wars Characters – Visitors to Disneyland now have the opportunity to meet this new hero of the Resistance on the light side of the Star Wars Launch Bay in Tomorrowland. A scavenger from the desert planet Jakku, Rey is loyal and determined to find her place in the galaxy. She joins other familiar Star Wars character to sign autographs and pose for pictures. These include Chewbacca, Darth Vader and Kylo Ren.
4. Hyperspace Mountain – This much loved Space Mountain overlay has just re-opened to the public. On this ride, guests can hurtle through the Galaxy while dodging swarms of Rebel X-wins starfighters and Imperial TIE fighters. The mission starts with a briefing from Admiral Ackbar who tasks you with flying reconnaissance vessels to survey and Imperial Star Destroyer. However, you arrive in the midst of a battle! Guests should note that Hyperspace Mountain is only open for a limited time so head over to Disneyland and enjoy it while you can!
5. Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – The ultimate attraction for Star Wars fans, visitors get to blast off on a thrilling tour of the Star Wars galaxy aboard a Starspeeder 1000 which takes passengers to exciting destinations. This includes Crait which you’ll know as the site of the epic battle in Star Wars: The Last Jedi. The second is Batuu which on the surface may sound unfamiliar but is action the remoted outpost guests will discover when Star Wars: Galaxy’s edge opens at the Disney Parks in 2019.
So next time you are planning a visit to Disneyland be sure to set aside some time for a bit of Star Wars fun. In the meantime May the Fourth be with you!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019