Top 4 Things to Know About TRON Lightcycle Run Before it Opens
TRON Lightcycle Run is finally opening in Magic Kingdom! The opening date is set for April 4, 2023, and we are excited! Before you board your very own Lightcycle and enter this race as the newest members of Team Blue, here are the top 4 things to know:
Related – Disney News Round-Up: Inside Tron Lightcycle, R2-D2 Shadowbox at Disney Springs, Disney100 Cereal, The Return of Wonderful World of Disney to ABC
1. JOIN TEAM BLUE VIA THE VIRTUAL QUEUE
When TRON Lightcycle Run opens it will use a virtual queue, allowing guests the opportunity to experience the attraction later in the day and enjoy all that Magic Kingdom Park has to offer while they wait to enter the Grid. Guests with a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for Magic Kingdom Park on the same date will have the opportunity to request to join the virtual queue via the My Disney Experience app. A standby queue will not be available.
2. INDIVIDUAL LIGHTNING LANE ENTRY
Guests may also have the option to purchase individual – or à la carte – Lightning Lane entry in the My Disney Experience app. On the day of their visit, Team Blue recruits with a valid admission and a park reservation for Magic Kingdom Park on the same date may visit the Disney Genie Service Tip Board in the app to choose an arrival window and make their purchase before joining the high-speed race against Team Orange. Guests may check the app on the day of their visit for pricing and availability.
3. NEW LOCKER SYSTEM
New to TRON Lightcycle Run, a double-sided and digitized locker system will be used to store bags and loose items while you race your Lightcycle. Inside the attraction queue, these complimentary lockers pair directly with your MagicBand, MagicBand+ or ticket media so you can easily lock and reopen your locker with a quick tap. Guests without a MagicBand or other ticket media (such as a card) will be provided with a card to assign their locker. All items must be placed either in a locker before you board your Lightcycle, or in a small compartment located on the attraction vehicle that can hold items such as cellphones, glasses or wallets.
4. DISNEY PHOTOPASS PHOTO AND VIDEO OFFERINGS
You can relive your race through this dark, computerized world when you preview an onboard photo and video automatically linked to your My Disney Experience account through one of the following methods:
- Use your eligible mobile device, enable Bluetooth for the My Disney Experience app before riding, ensure you’ve logged into the My Disney Experience app sometime earlier that day, and keep your device out of low power mode. Make sure your mobile device boards your Lightcycle with you and is safely stored in the small Lightcycle compartment to use this method.
- Wear a MagicBand or MagicBand+ that’s linked to your My Disney Experience account.
We’ll see you in the Grid, Team Blue recruits. Countdown protocol initiated. End of line.
If you’d like to visit Disney World to experience TRON Lightcycle Run, contact me today to start planning your trip! I am a travel agent with Destinations to Travel, my services are free, and I’d love to help you plan a magical vacation.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- New Experiences Coming to Disney World this Year - March 16, 2023
- Complete Guide to the World of TRON - March 15, 2023
- Guide to Aunty’s Beach House at Disney’s Aulani - March 13, 2023